Technology media company TechTarget, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTGT) today announced the initial results of a year-long website redesign project that impacts all 120+ sites in its global network. TechTarget’s new site design, launched in partnership with the award-winning creative agency Code and Theory, provides users with faster access to strategic IT purchase content, better integration of advertiser brands and a responsive, mobile-optimized experience across all platforms.
Across the 30 Websites that have been redesigned to date – including flagship properties SearchCIO.com™,SearchVirtualDesktop.com™ and SearchCRM.com™ – user dwell time and content click rates have risen sharply, including a 25%+ increase in banner click-throughs. Remaining sites in the portfolio, including international sites, will be re-launched in the new design on a rolling schedule through the summer and fall of 2014.
“Technology publishers have two challenges: How do we get buyers to our sites, and how do we ensure a deep, educational experience once they arrive?” said Andrew Briney, SVP, Brand and Custom Media, TechTarget. “Our redesign is 100% technology buyer-focused and delivers on both these goals by giving buyers quick access to relevant editorial, social and sponsored content no matter their entry point into the network.”
Highlights of the Redesign
Enriched User Experience
- Editorial content navigation categorized by buy cycle phase — In the new site design, the topic menu is organized by user purchase or research phase, e.g., Get Started, Evaluate, Manage and Problem Solve. This ensures users have access to the most relevant and informative content for their particular technology challenge.
- On-page content guides — Primary editorial articles include embedded “In This Article” navigation, enabling users to quickly locate and jump to the most relevant content sections.
- Access to multiple “authorities” on every page — All article pages include relevant “next step” content recommendations based on keyword matching. Related expert editorial, social content, advertiser downloads and native content are syndicated in always-visible margins on every page.
- Responsive design boosts mobile interaction — Resulting in 150%+ increase in mobile content clicks.
New Integrated Advertising Opportunities
- Integrated placements for display advertising — Standard and rich media banners are integrated with editorial content, ensuring high visibility and increased interaction rates.
- New custom banner options — Coinciding with the site redesign, TechTarget refreshed its award-winning Brand Engage™ portfolio of rich media banner solutions to feature new options, including a content-rich Lightbox takeover unit that runs across both desktop and mobile platforms. All custom-built Brand Engage banners are now built in HTML5, ensuring a consistent user experience across desktops, tablets and smartphones.
- High visibility for native articles and microsite content — Links to advertiser-driven long-form thought leadership content appear on editorial article pages based on keyword relevance, driving strong in-network referral traffic.
Enhanced Intelligence across TechTarget’s Product Portfolio
- Increased user interaction driven by the redesign bolsters the quantity and quality of the data being fed into TechTarget’s Activity Intelligence™ platform, which provides insight into upcoming IT projects and powers TechTarget’s robust portfolio of brand, demand and sales enablement solutions, including SPOKE™, IT Deal Alert™: Qualified Sales Opportunities, and IT Deal Alert: Account Watch.
TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is the online intersection of serious technology buyers, targeted technical content and technology providers worldwide. Our extensive network of online and social media, powered by TechTarget’s Activity Intelligence™ platform, redefines how technology marketers view and engage technology buyers based on their active projects, specific technical priorities and business needs. With more than 120 technology-specific websites and a wide selection of custom advertising, branding, lead generation, and sales enablement solutions, TechTarget delivers unparalleled reach and innovative opportunities to drive technology marketing success around the world.
TechTarget has offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Boston, Cincinnati, London, Munich, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney.
©2014 TechTarget, Inc. All rights reserved. TechTarget and the TechTarget logo are registered trademarks, and Activity Intelligence, IT Deal Alert, SPOKE, BrandEngage, SearchCIO.com, SearchVirtualDesktop.com, and SearchCRM.com are trademarks of TechTarget. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.