A global marketer’s guide to international IT buying trends [video]
If you are global marketer who likes to be out in front of technology trends in all the markets you care about most, you may be asking yourself some of these very important questions:
- Is it really possible that cloud computing is being adopted faster in Asia than it is in North America (yes!)?
- Which are the top IT projects for 2014 in Latin America (hint: they have a lot to do with data protection, tablets, and virtualized environments)?
- How is storage as a service being embraced in the German speaking parts of Europe (it’s not)?
Luckily for you, TechTarget has recently fielded and analyzed our most comprehensive annual survey of IT priorities and we’d like to share some of this intelligence with you.
International technology buying trends by region – rolled up for global marketers
We surveyed nearly 5,000 decision makers about their technology purchase and deployment plans for 2014. The results include responses from every major country and geography (we’re sorry Andorra, San Marino, and Montenegro, Tuvalu, and Palau – you’re not covered here) across some 86 IT topics and projects. Suffice it to say, that there are some very important regional differences to technology adoption that global marketers and sellers of technology products and services need to be aware of. To save you time – I’ve posted this video to deliver highlights of this year’s research:
No time for video? Here are the quick highlights for global marketers:
- Asia Pacific leads in IT budget growth – the video shows how this stacks up against other geographies.
- Server Virtualization, Disaster Recovery, Network Security, Network Monitoring / Management, and Smarphones are the top 5 global IT priorities. This means that more firms have firm plans to invest in these technologies during 2014 than any other initiatives. The video shows how those priorities change across geographies.
- Europe (incl UK) has the most aggressive data center and workload consolidation plans.
- Asia Pac has the strongest plans to implement Big Data in 2014.
- North America leads, by a slim margin, in projects driven by the need for compliance.
- South America leads in ITIL plans but lags in private cloud projects. It’s ok if you don’t know what ITIL is….
- The Nordics have very aggressive plans for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- France is leading Europe in planned projects for disaster recovery and business continuity. Do the French know something that the rest of us don’t?
If you would like to see the full research, I encourage you to watch this video. It will be a good use of your time – I promise. To download the slides, click here. If there’s a market or region you’d like to understand more about – you can contact me here or reach out to me on Twitter or LinkedIn.
global marketing, global technology buying, global technology marketing, international buyer intelligence, international it buyers, international marketing, IT buyers, IT buying research, Jon Brown, market intelligence