Marilou Barsam, Senior Vice President, Client and Corporate Marketing, TechTarget, Inc., has been recognized as a leader in marketing by being selected as an author in the recently released book, Goals for Successful Marketing Executives: Leading CMOs on Knowing Your Customer, Creating a Vision, and Establishing and Setting Companywide Goals, published by Aspatore Books (ISBN: 9781596226289).
Part of the Inside the Minds series the book provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world’s most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future.
Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Diane Adams, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, K’NEX Industries – “Know the Consumer, Know Your Customer’s Strategy, and Motivate Your Team”
2. Stephanie Solakian Goldstein, Chief Marketing Officer, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP – “Marketing at a Law Firm”
3. Nancy L. Grden, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, AMERIGROUP Corporation – “Marketing and Product Development—Customers, Not Key Chains”
4. Laurin McCracken, AIA, Chief Marketing Officer, Carter & Burgess Inc. – “The Service Marketing Perspective”
5. Carine Strom Clark, Vice President, Marketing, Altiris – “Marketing: The Best Job in the Company”
6. Jeffrey Hayzlett, Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Graphic Communications Group, Eastman Kodak Company – “Keeping the Promises You Make”
7. Marilou Barsam, Senior Vice President, Client and Corporate Marketing, TechTarget – “Anticipating the Ever-Changing Marketing Landscape”
8. Jim Adams, Executive Director, Marketing and Bon Vivant, Chipotle Mexican Grill – “Establishing Clear Goals and Objectives”
9. Ajay Malhotra, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Cadence Design Systems – “A Perspective from the Electronics Industry”
10. Anne Marie Miller, Senior Vice President, Corporate Sales, CMP Technology – “Aligning Your Vision with Corporate Goals”
11. Matthew Dent, Vice President, Corporate Development, Marketing, and Strategy, Buffalo Rock Beverages & Food Services – “Seeing Things from All Perspectives”
12. Paula Barron, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Leesport Financial – “Lighting the Fire within Your Team”
“Working with leading IT providers like Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, SAP and Symantec has provided TechTarget the opportunity to build branding and lead generation programs that deliver high ROI, “ said Barsam. “It is TechTarget’s goal to help clients maximize the results of their online investments in the company’s network of 35 websites. Operating in the fast-changing online media landscape has provided me with insights I’m pleased to share with my marketing colleagues through this new publication, and I hope my contribution will to help others be more successful in their respective industries.”
The Inside the Minds series is revolutionizing the business book market by publishing an unparalleled group of executives and providing an unprecedented introspective look into the leading minds of the business and legal world. For complete information on Inside the Minds, please visit www.Aspatore.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This book can be purchased immediately by visiting http://www.aspatore.com/store/bookdetails.asp?id=120, and is available through bookstores nationwide. To order a copy of this book, you can also call 1-866-ASPATORE.
About Marilou Barsam
With more than 25 years of marketing experience Marilou Barsam has built TechTarget’s Client Consulting team to monitor and maximize advertisers’ experience with TechTarget media. Barsam and her team of advertising agency veterans and consultants act as a seamless extension of TechTarget’s clients’ marketing departments by providing expertise on campaign strategy, media selection and results analysis. At TechTarget, Barsam develops programs that emphasize integration and return on investment. In 2001, Barsam rolled out TargetROI™, a guaranteed lead generation program for IT marketers. Barsam is an ongoing contributor to BtoB’s “Ask the Expert” column and has been quoted in many online marketing publications. She also hosts an ongoing series of Webcasts about best practices for effective online marketing programs. Barsam is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and received her M.B.A. focused on Technology Marketing from Bentley College.
About Aspatore – Publishers of C-Level Business Intelligence
Aspatore Books is the largest and most exclusive publisher of C-Level executives (CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO, Partner) from the world’s most respected companies and law firms. Aspatore annually publishes a select group of C-Level executives from the Global 1,000, top 250 law firms (Partners & Chairs), and other leading companies of all sizes. C-Level Business Intelligence™, as conceptualized and developed by Aspatore Books, provides professionals of all levels with proven business intelligence from industry insiders – direct and unfiltered insight from those who know it best – as opposed to third-party accounts offered by unknown authors and analysts. Aspatore Books is committed to publishing an innovative line of business and legal books, those which lay forth principles and offer insights that when employed, can have a direct financial impact on the reader’s business objectives, whatever they may be.
TechTarget is a leading provider of specialized online content that brings together buyers and sellers of corporate IT products. We sell customized marketing programs that enable IT vendors to reach corporate IT decision makers who are actively researching specific IT purchases. We operate a network of 35 websites, each of which focuses on a specific IT sector, such as storage, security or networking. IT professionals rely on our websites for key decision support information tailored to their specific areas of responsibility. We complement our online offerings with targeted in-person events and three specialized IT magazines that enable advertisers to engage buyers throughout their decision-making process for IT purchases. As IT professionals have become increasingly specialized, they have come to rely on our sector specific websites for purchasing decision-support. Our content enables IT professionals to navigate the complex and rapidly changing IT landscape where purchasing decisions can have significant financial and operational consequences. Since our founding in 1999, we have developed a broad customer base that now comprises more than 1,000 active advertisers who placed business with us in 2006, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Research in Motion, SAP and Symantec. More information about TechTarget is available at www.techtarget.com.
TechTarget and the TechTarget logo are registered trademarks of TechTarget, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.