Global purchase intent data and marketing services company TechTarget, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTGT) announced that it was included in the recently released Forrester Vendor Landscape: B2B Marketing Data Providers, Q3 2017 report (access requires subscription or purchase). The Vendor Landscape Report provides an “overview of vendors to guide B2B marketers on driving requirements from use cases, evaluating vendors, and making procurement decisions.”
The report covered 17 B2B marketing data providers in all. Providers were surveyed across six data categories; Behavioral/Intent data, Firmographic data, Demographic data, Technographic data, Relationship data and Device data. Out of 17 vendors surveyed:
- TechTarget is one of only three providers surveyed to deliver 90-100% availability of behavioral/intent data
- TechTarget is the only vendor in the overview to provide over 50% data availability across all categories
- Out of all vendors surveyed, TechTarget’s exclusive first-party data spanned the widest category range
TechTarget provides a suite of data-driven solutions for B2B marketing and sales teams powered by IT Deal Alert Priority EngineTM, a SaaS-based solution that provides direct, real-time access to ranked accounts and named prospects actively researching purchases in specific technology categories. Priority Engine delivers advanced views on topical interests of buying teams, vendors under consideration and currently installed technologies at organizations.
“In 2017, marketers are focused on transforming data into insights and turning those insights into productive results,” said Michael Cotoia, CEO, TechTarget. “Priority Engine delivers real observed purchase intent data from TechTarget’s highly targeted audiences directly to our customers to improve marketing programs and accelerate pipeline.”
The Forrester report also details a variety of data challenges that marketers face that TechTarget believes it is helping customers solve:
- Nearly half of B2B marketers don’t practice basic data hygiene and only 28% run regular diagnostics to identify data problems, according to the report – Priority Engine allows marketers to perform data manipulation and segmentation work directly within the tool making it easy to deliver clean lists directly into MAP and CRM systems.
- According to the report, only 19% of B2B marketers append with third-party behavior and/or intent data – Priority Engine identifies purchase intent activity from accounts and the specific prospects that are actually performing the research, enabling marketers to run campaigns targeting exact prospects demonstrating real purchase intent.
- To obtain holistic insight, marketers currently must go to multiple sources: Per the Forrester report, 37% of B2B marketers plan to use 4+ data providers in 2017 – Priority Engine provides direct access to rich, immediately actionable data at both account and prospect levels. It includes technographics from HG Data for efficient propensity-to-buy modeling and integrates automatic feeds directly into leading marketing automation systems and CRM.
TechTarget has become a leader in the market because of how its purchase intent insight is created and delivered. Insights within the Priority Engine platform are fueled by the depth of content across TechTarget’s network of over 140 enterprise technology-specific websites, spanning 10,000 unique IT topics. The content within this network is specifically designed to aid enterprise technology buyers in making real purchase decisions. TechTarget helps marketing and sales teams understand directly observed buyer behavior and delivers the first party data inputs tech vendors need for effective marketing activation and pipeline development.