Technology media company TechTarget, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTGT) today announces the release of its first annual Latin American IT salary survey examining the trends related to the experience level, role-based dynamics, compensation, and overall satisfaction of technology professionals across Latin America.
Fielded throughout Latin America, over 650 IT professionals from more than 16 countries (including Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, and Venezuela) responded to the survey. The study will help other journalists, technology providers and industry observers understand the job-related concerns for Latin American IT pros, compensation trends, experience and training levels in Latin American IT, productivity trends and more.
“This study provides technology professionals across Latin America with a powerful tool to determine where they stand in relation to their peers in the industry,” said Lizzette Pérez, TechTarget’s Latin America Executive Editor. “The depth of information found in this survey is unmatched in the industry, and it will help IT pros and broader analysts understand the state of the technology industry’s development in Latin America,” continued Pérez.
The results of the study are now available in Spanish on SearchDataCenter en Español, TechTarget’s leading targeted community focused on critical issues and solutions for Latin American IT buyers across key enterprise IT segments.
Key highlights from the report reveal an experienced IT community whose outlook reflects the strong growth and opportunities in the IT sector in Latin America:
- Experience levels are on the rise: 53% have 11 or more years of overall experience, including 16% with 21+ years.
- It is a good time to be employed in IT in Latin America: 43% of respondents reported that they received a raise, 22% received a bonus and 16% increased benefits. 60% expect a salary increase and 46% expect to move higher in the IT or overall organization in 2014.
- Key drivers of success and ambition: Meeting productivity goals and completing projects on time are the top reasons for IT success. The pursuit of new challenges or increased salary are the top reasons IT professionals would consider leaving their position, followed by, to a lesser extent, dissatisfaction with their job.
- Results point to a fluid labor market: 45% are open to new opportunities although they are not seeking a new position.
- Ongoing training and certification is critical for Latin American IT organizations: 22% say their organizations offer quarterly training and 46% receive training at least once a year.
For more information on TechTarget’s 2014 Latin American IT Salary Survey, click here.
TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is the online intersection of serious technology buyers, targeted technical content and technology providers worldwide. Our extensive network of online and social media, powered by TechTarget’s Activity Intelligence™ platform, redefines how technology marketers view and engage technology buyers based on their active projects, specific technical priorities and business needs. With more than 100 technology-specific websites and a wide selection of custom advertising, branding, and lead generation solutions, TechTarget delivers unparalleled reach and innovative opportunities to drive technology marketing success around the world.
TechTarget has offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Boston, Cincinnati, London, Munich, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney.
© 2014 TechTarget, Inc. All rights reserved. TechTarget and the TechTarget logo are registered trademarks, and Activity Intelligence and SearchDataCenter en Español are trademarks of TechTarget. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.