- December 20, 2013
- Content Marketing
Trend watch: Content marketing in 2014
Ask any number of marketers what is top of mind for them these days, I have no doubt that content marketing will make the list for 9 out of 10. In other words, it is really important (thank you Captain Obvious).
In the holiday spirit of giving and sharing, I thought I’d share how some other minds around the industry are looking at content marketing in 2014:
Content Marketing Institute (CMI):
- B2B Content Marketing: 2014 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trendsâ€”North America – This year’s installment of their annual survey discusses the importance of having a documented strategy in place for maximum effectiveness.
- 50 Content Marketing Predictions for 2014 – Predictions from CMI as well as many other thought leaders are featured.
- 5 Minute Blueprint for Content Marketing Success in 2014 – Breaks down foundational elements of a good plan.
- CMO 2014: Brand Experience Will Matter First Before Content Marketing – Discusses CMOs and other marketing leaders will need to first succeed at building a brand experience framework in order to succeed at content marketing – or risk 70% or more of content going unused.
- The Top 7 Content Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2014 – Blog post on some of the biggest trends that will drive content marketing forward in 2014 and why companies will be spending more against these efforts
There are many things to consider as you put your plans together for 2014, but remember one very big fact: your content marketing plan is only as good as the content that you produce. So, be relevant and create, invest, and plan wisely in the New Year.
This is an installment of the Friday “Trend Watch” column that will appear in this blog on a regular basis, featuring marketing trends highlighted by several outside resources from industry experts, bloggers, and outlets from around the web to help marketers stay better informed.