Customer experience managementThe goal of customer experience management (CEM) is to optimize customer satisfaction at each touchpoint of the customer journey. Definitions in this glossary include terms about marketing and creating a customer-centric view of business, the use of AI and RPA in martech, capturing and analyzing customer feedback and contact center automation.
- consignment inventory - Consignment inventory is a supply chain model in which a product is sold by a retailer, but ownership is retained by the supplier until the product has been sold.
- consumer panel - A consumer panel is a group of individuals selected by a business or organization to provide input and opinion on products and services for research on consumer behavior.
- contact center - A contact center is a central point from which organizations manage all customer interactions across various channels.
- contact center as a service (CCaaS) - Contact center as a service (CCaaS) is a framework that combines contact center hosting principles and cloud-based contact center infrastructure.
- contact center infrastructure - A contact center infrastructure is a framework composed of the physical and virtual resources that a call center facility needs to operate effectively.
- contract theory - Contract theory is the study of how people and organizations develop legal agreements in situations with uncertain conditions, unknown factors and information asymmetry.
- conversion rate optimization - In online marketing, conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a strategic approach to increasing the percentage of website visitors who follow a desired call to action.