Customer experience managementThe goal of customer experience management (CEM) is to optimize customer satisfaction at each touchpoint of the customer journey. Definitions in this glossary include terms about marketing and creating a customer-centric view of business, the use of AI and RPA in martech, capturing and analyzing customer feedback and contact center automation.
- market basket analysis - Market basket analysis is a data mining technique used by retailers to increase sales by better understanding customer purchasing patterns.
- market segmentation - Market segmentation is a marketing strategy that uses well-defined criteria to divide a brand's total addressable market share into smaller groups.
- marketing campaign management - Marketing campaign management is the planning, executing, tracking and analysis of direct marketing campaigns.
- marketing-qualified lead (MQL) - A marketing-qualified lead (MQL) is a website visitor whose engagement levels indicate they are likely to become a customer.
- Marketo - Marketo is a platform for the automation of marketing activities; the platform is designed for medium-sized businesses.
- martech (marketing technology) - Martech is the area of customer relationship management (CRM) concerned with creating, managing and using digital tools that make it possible for marketers to automate tasks and make data-driven decisions.