Customer experience managementThe goal of customer experience management (CEM) is to optimize customer satisfaction at each touchpoint of the customer journey. Definitions in this glossary include terms about marketing and creating a customer-centric view of business, the use of AI and RPA in martech, capturing and analyzing customer feedback and contact center automation.
- call center - A call center is a centralized department that handles inbound and outbound calls from current and potential customers.
- call center agent (call center representative) - A call center agent is a person who handles incoming or outgoing customer calls for a business.
- call center schedule adherence - Call center schedule adherence is a standard metric used in business call centers to determine whether call center agents are working the amount of time they are scheduled to work.
- call management - Call management is the process by which inbound telephone calls are routed to call center agents.
- Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL) - Canadian anti-spam legislation (CASL) is enacted regulations that require marketers and fundraisers that communicate through email, text messages or social media to obtain permission from recipients in that country.