We are in an era of multicloud-by-design, hybrid work and digital transformation. Speed, accuracy and reliability are competitive differentiators that can be driven by your IT processes.
By accelerating purchasing and making smarter, more informed decisions, IT teams can address a variety of problems and accomplish key goals, including:
- Optimize your budget without overspending on server or storage capacity you don’t need.
- Make better choices about hardware—for example, where and when to use higher density servers or all-flash storage.
- Accelerate speed to market and boost the productivity of DevOps and other business-critical teams.
- Budget more accurately and avoid having to go back to finance and corporate management for additional funds.
Leverage data to drive the purchase process
Having real-world, actionable data on existing infrastructure is key to accelerating the IT procurement cycle. Without access to the right data, many IT teams tend to overbuy to ensure they have the infrastructure to meet their current and future capacity, performance and SLA requirements.
With access to live, real-world data about your infrastructure, you can modernize the procurement process and make it faster, simpler, more efficient and less expensive. Data will help you get it right the first time so you don’t realize too late that you bought products you don’t need.
With real-world data from your production environment, you can maximize your budget to:
- Shift to a workload-based consumption model: Some IT departments over-diagnose and overspend on hardware simply because they lack accurate, real-world usage data. If you can easily access the data you need, you can refocus on workload optimization to run cost-effectively.
- Save time by automating data collection: It’s not just about getting accurate and timely data; it’s also about collecting and analyzing it quickly. You can save significant money and accelerate time to value by automating the processes involved in data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Gain transparency and define clear goals: One of the biggest challenges is evaluating future needs and matching them up to existing infrastructure. You want to leverage your investments for as long as possible, yet you don’t want to compromise performance or reliability. With deep insights into performance, workload simulations, utilization and support, you can be much more specific with your vendors to ensure that your infrastructure is aligned to meet your business-critical workload requirements.
By making smarter, faster and data-driven decisions about your infrastructure—based on actual, real-time, real-world workload characteristics—you can deliver real value to your business. You can reduce costs, accelerate time to value, leverage public cloud services efficiently, and reduce overall IT complexity.
Live Optics from Dell Technologies collects data in real time about your IT environment, using automation to gather real-world information from servers and storage. The product is free and vendor-agnostic, so it can be used with any hardware platform, along with leading OS and virtualization environments.