New Vive virtual reality for enterprise is now available
The Vive Pro Eye, a virtual reality product specifically designed for enterprise is now available for purchase in North America, and features precision eye tracking.
HTC Vive announced that Vive Pro Eye is now available in North America.
The Vive Pro Eye, introduced earlier this year, has eye tracking technology and is intended for enterprise virtual reality (VR) use. According to HTC Vive, companies from multiple industries are using Vive Pro Eye for things like training, simulation, consumer feedback and analytics, gaze-orientated navigation and more.
The Vive Pro Eye was built on the design of the Vive Pro and was specifically created with the needs of the professional user in mind, HTC Vive said. Features of the eye tracking functionality include:
- Precision eye tracking: Creates more expressive avatars for immersive virtual interactions in meeting and collaboration tools.
- Training environments: Simulates real-life scenarios and provides users with intelligent performance feedback.
- Deeper data analysis: Captures real-time user feedback through heat mapping and gaze tracking to gain insight into user behavior and decision processes.
- Intuitive user experiences: Enables gaze-oriented menu navigation to remove the need for controllers and make it easier to use in environments such as VR arcades or location-based entertainment.
- Efficiency and quality: Foveated rendering focuses GPU power on where the user is looking to increase computing efficiency and improve image quality, according to HTC Vive.
Additionally, the Vive Pro Eye uses SteamVR 2.0 tracking technology to enable a variety of demo spaces, ranging from seated experiences to full room-scale for multiuser environments. The headset has dual-OLED displays with a combined resolution of 2,880 by 1,600 pixels. HTC Vive claims it also improved the headphone design.
Full specs for the Vive Pro Eye include:
- Screens: Dual AMOLED 3.5-inch diagonal
- Resolution: 1,440 by 1,600 per eye
- Refresh rate: 90 Hz
- Field of view: 110 degrees
- Audio: High-resolution certified headset, removable high-resolution certified headphones, high impedance headphone support
- Input: Dual integrated microphones
- Connections: USB-C 3.0, DP 1.2, Bluetooth
- Sensors: SteamVR tracking, G-sensor, gyroscope, proximity, interpupillary sensor, eye tracking
- Ergonomics: Eye relief with lens distance adjustment, adjustable interpupillary, adjustable strap
The Vive Pro Eye is available for $1,599 on Vive.com and at select retailers.