SonicWall has built out licensing options and support in its SecureFirst program for managed security service providers.
The SonicWall MSSP program now includes annual and monthly pricing model licenses tailored to MSSP businesses, according to the company. Partners can also gain priority access to SonicWall's Premier Support tier 3 engineers. Other new benefits include additional market development fund opportunities, support from a global MSSP strategic account management team and volume-based pricing based on assets under management.
The enhanced program provides "a lot more structure, predictability and consistency around how we work and go to market with our MSSP partners," SonicWall vice president of worldwide channels and North America sales HoJin Kim said.
SonicWall said requirements for participating in the MSSP program include meeting annual revenue requirements, having an operating network or security operations center with help desk L1/L2 support, and meeting sales and technical staffing criteria. Before joining the program, partners must participate in SonicWall's SecureFirst partner program at a Silver-tier level or above.
Kim said he sees growing opportunities for SonicWall MSSP partners as the market gravitates toward contractual security services. "From a customer perspective, we are seeing more and more of the market moving toward security services in a pay-as-you-go or monthly contractual fashion, as opposed to [capital expenditure] purchases of either hardware or software," Kim said. "We think that we have a compelling program to help our partners make money and build their security practice around SonicWall."
- Veeam Software, a backup vendor based in Columbus, Ohio, is offering new discounts in 2020 under its cloud and service provider program and launching a new service provider console. The Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) program's discounts include a 15% price reduction on Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus edition and volume rental agreement discounts. In addition, the company is rolling out Veeam Service Provider Console v4, free for VCSP partners. The new version integrates with ConnectWise Automate, a remote monitoring and management product.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise will designate $2 billion to its HPE Financial Services arm for COVID-19 relief initiatives. The funds aim to support customers faced with financial issues related to the pandemic, the vendor said. HPE Financial Services launched a Payment Relief Program to help customers purchase new technology as part of the initiative.
- MSP software provider ConnectWise has formalized a cybersecurity education and training program, ConnectWise Certify, for technology solution providers (TSPs). The certification program offers tracks for TSP business owners, sales professionals and engineers. ConnectWise said the Certify program has thus far issued more than 500 certifications.
- Diamanti, a San Jose, Calif., company that provides a bare-metal hyper-converged platform for Kubernetes and containers, unveiled its Technology Alliance Partner Program. Participants in the program, which is geared to consultants, ISVs and hardware vendors, include Aqua, CloudBees, Confluent, DataDog, Elastic, MariaDB, MongoDB and Splunk.
- Communications company Poly (formerly Plantronics and Polycom) launched a new global partner program. The program integrates with the channel assets Plantronics gained through its 2018 acquisition of communications and collaboration vendor Polycom. The unified program, which aims to bring together Plantronics and Polycom's channel communities, features a partner portal with access to training, tools and other resources.
- StorageCraft, a data protection vendor based in Draper, Utah, said its OneXafe Solo business continuity product is now generally available. The company is tapping MSPs to sell the offering into the SMB market.
- Atrium, a consulting company based in Indianapolis, launched a packaged service offering that aims to deliver machine learning predictions to customers of Tableau's analytics platform. The company describes the service offering as a starter program that helps customers build predictive models in Salesforce Einstein Discovery.
- AllCloud, a cloud services provider, rolled out a Configure-Price-Quote Assessment offering for Salesforce customers. The assessment encompasses a review of a client's products, bundles, pricing, quote templates, contracts, subscriptions, amendments and renewal processes, according to AllCloud.
- Quisitive Technology Solutions Inc., a Microsoft solutions provider based in Toronto, partnered with Dunnhumby, a customer data science company. The go-to-market arrangement focuses on Quisitive's LedgerPay payment processing platform, which was released in March 2020. Also, in March, Quisitive announced a LedgerPay partnership with Rev19, a merchant services and financial technology company.
- Capital spending among data center and colocation providers is projected to expand at a 9.8% compound annual growth rate through 2023, according to Omdia, a market researcher based in London. The company's forecast calls for worldwide Capex to grow to $125 billion in 2023 from $82 billion in 2019.
- Cisco is making a community forum, dubbed Share IT Solutions, available for partners, customers, IT managers and developers, according to a Cisco blog post.
- Matrix Integration, an IT solutions provider based in Indiana, acquired Cornwell Communications Inc., a business phone systems provider also located in Indiana.
- SoftBank Corp., based in Tokyo, adopted HyperGrid's cloud management and governance platform to support its cloud managed services offerings. Additionally, SoftBank said it earned Microsoft Azure Expert MSP and Azure Networking MSP statuses.
- Data Agility Group, a professional services firm based in Irving, Texas, said it has increased its erasure-as-a-service sales opportunities by 200% year over year due to its partnership with Blancco Technology Group, a data erasure and mobile device diagnostics vendor.
- CoreView, a SaaS management platform provider with European headquarters in Milan, entered a partnership with Stellium, a consulting firm in Switzerland. CoreView maintains an international network of channel partners, resellers and MSPs.
- InterVision Systems LLC, an IT service provider based in Santa Clara, Calif., said it attained AWS Migration Competency status. InterVision is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and recently launched an AWS managed services offering.
- Managed services automation company BitTitan hired Kevin Serpanchy as its sales director of North and South American regions. Serpanchy joins the company from educational technology firm ProQuest, where he served as sales director.
Market Share is a news roundup published every Friday.