TechTarget's 2015 salary survey results; the difficulties of organizational agility
The results from TechTarget’s 2015 Annual IT Salary and Careers Survey are in! SearchCIO members broke down the numbers and got reactions from CIOs and IT executives:
- First, Editorial Director Sue Troy gives an overview of the survey’s findings, specifically in regards to year-over-year differences in pay by IT role.
- Features Writer Jason Sparapani explores the upswing in IT job satisfaction, fulfillment and leader aspirations in 2015.
- Executive Editor Linda Tucci analyzes executive pay for senior IT leaders in 2015, investigating why compensation has remained stable amid a rapidly changing and digitally connected marketplace.
- Site Editor Fran Sales reports on 2015 IT budgets, examining a rise in IT budgets for two-fifths of senior IT leaders and what spurs such budget increases.
- Senior News Writer Nicole Laskowski details IT executives’ top IT projects for 2016, with security being a common theme. Laskowski explores the security and privacy findings further in a TotalCIO blog post.
- For a visual overview of all of the 2015 salary survey results, check out this SearchCIO infographic.
Also this week, SearchCIO contributor Joseph Flahiff explains how organizational agility is a double-edged sword that can save and destroy your company.
Over on the blogs, Laskowski talks about the shift in big data conversations to IoT and Sales breaks down the privacy vs. public safety encryption debate.
Please follow @SearchCIO, @SearchCIOSMB and @ITCompliance for our new stories throughout the week.