Ivanti has released an update to its User Workspace Manager suite of products to simplify security and desktop management. Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2019.1 comes with updates to Ivanti File Director and Ivanti Environment Manager.
Ivanti, a unified endpoint management and IT service management vendor, intends for Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2019.1 to enhance the end-user experience by enabling integration with the cloud-based file sharing tools users prefer and increasing automation across on-premises and cloud desktops.
The update to Ivanti User Workspace Manager brings the following features to File Director and Environment Manager:
- Google Drive Connector for File Director enables on-demand or automatic syncing of files with Google Drive, based on policy type, age, size and path.
- An enhanced Cache Management for File Director brings new configuration options that enable automatic clean-up of the device cache, minimizing storage requirements and privacy concerns.
- A new Group Policy Import for Environment Manager -- for customers with existing Group Policy settings -- converts GPO settings for faster end-user logon and reduced management complexity.
- Deeper Ivanti Automation Integration for Environment Manager enables the passing of parameters from Automation through to Environment Manager.
- Three new Windows 10 Configuration Utilities in Ivanti Marketplace ensure that users have the correct default applications for a session, as well as enable users to set a default mail client, PDF viewer and browser.
- A new File Director troubleshooting tool, File Director Monitor, offers dashboards and reports of agent activity and performance.
Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2019.1 is available now. Other software that rivals programs within Ivanti User Workspace Manager include VirtualBox, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Ivanti, formerly LANDesk until 2017, also recently released Ivanti Cloud to increase communication and response times within siloed IT teams and improve user productivity. In 2018, Ivanti was named a Challenger in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for IT Service Management Tools for the vendor's Service Manager tool.