TechTarget Launches Five New Web Sites to Serve IT Channel Market
NEEDHAM, Mass. – October 10, 2006 — Information technology (IT) media company TechTarget announced today the launch of a network of five targeted Web sites to fulfill the information requirements of the IT channel community, including resellers, systems integrators, technology consultants, and other independent solution providers. The network was created to meet the information needs of the increasingly segmented channel community, address the growing demand among resellers for more specialized technology information not currently available with the existing, topically broad-based print media, and provide targeted vehicles for technology companies to directly access solution providers.
The network of channel sites provides the latest technology and business information relevant to channel companies, including coverage of vendors’ partner and channel programs, and new products and technologies. It will also provide advice from channel experts on best practices for managing relationships with vendors and customers, guides to packaging new technologies into sellable solutions, and case studies of industry-leading channel projects. The five sites are:
- SearchITChannel.com, addressing business and technical issues relevant across all IT channel disciplines.
- SearchStorageChannel.com, featuring tips and project guides for storage technologies such as storage area networks (SAN), network-attached storage (NAS), backup, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- SearchSystemsChannel.com, covering server, desktop and mobile computing, including hardware, operating systems, and application software, and providing channel-specific technical information and business intelligence.
- SearchSecurityChannel.com, focusing on information security products, from desktop antivirus protection to unified threat management (UTM), to security consulting and services, and offering practical information on addressing the latest threat vectors, providing customers with security services, and trends in the information security industry.
- SearchNetworkingChannel.com, serving solution providers with how-to guides on designing, implementing and supporting wired and wireless networks, as well as the latest on products and partner programs from major network vendors and the emerging technologies that will drive customer demand.
The editorial teams for these sites will be directed by Sean Gallagher, who brings 20 years of channel knowledge and experience acquired with a number of IT publications and first-hand experience working for VARs and systems integrators.
“Through this network of channel-focused Web sites, TechTarget will revolutionize IT channel media in the same way it did the enterprise IT media market, by offering targeted, online, vertical information resources – in a market that is still predominantly print focused -- that meet the needs of decision-making IT executives, and by also providing technology marketers direct access to this influential industry group,” said TechTarget CEO Greg Strakosch. “These sites will provide storage, systems, security and networking technology marketers a broad range of sponsorship opportunities designed to reach the IT channel community, including white papers and content promotion programs; Webcasts and Podcasts; banners and links; E-Newsletters; learning guides; and other lead-generating vehicles.”
TechTarget is a leading provider of specialized online content that brings together buyers and sellers of corporate IT products. We sell customized marketing programs that enable IT vendors to reach corporate IT decision makers who are actively researching specific IT purchases. We operate a network of 35 websites, each of which focuses on a specific IT sector, such as storage, security or networking. IT professionals rely on our websites for key decision support information tailored to their specific areas of responsibility. We complement our online offerings with targeted in-person events and three specialized IT magazines that enable advertisers to engage buyers throughout their decision-making process for IT purchases. As IT professionals have become increasingly specialized, they have come to rely on our sector specific websites for purchasing decision-support. Our content enables IT professionals to navigate the complex and rapidly changing IT landscape where purchasing decisions can have significant financial and operational consequences. Since our founding in 1999, we have developed a broad customer base that now comprises more than 1,000 active advertisers who placed business with us in 2006, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Research in Motion, SAP and Symantec. More information about TechTarget is available at www.techtarget.com.