data center services
Data center services is a collective term for all the supporting components necessary to the proper operation of a data center. This includes all the implementation, maintenance and operation of a data center. As such, data center services can involve hardware, software, processes and personnel.
Data center services are responsible for giving IT organizations data backup and recovery, networking, website hosting, data management and so on.
Because some data centers can be hosted on the cloud, data center infrastructure management (DCIM) can also be used as a service on the cloud.
Examples of data center services
Some examples of data center services include:
- Hardware installation and maintenance
- Managed power distribution
- Backup power systems
- Data backup and archiving
- Managed load balancing
- Controlled Internet access
- Managed E-mail and messaging
- Managed user authentication and authorization
- Diverse firewalls and anti-malware programs
- Managed outsourcing
- Managed business continuance
- Continuous, efficient technical support