Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 16, 2012
- VMware attempts to win vCloud customers with paid eval service
VMware tries to jump-start its public cloud with a simple test-drive service, but it’s unclear if it will make the vCloud engine roar to life.
- Oracle releases Java SE 7 Update 6, will support Java for Mac OS X
Oracle said it would begin providing timely security updates to Java for Mac OS X.
- Google Pwnium hacking contest backed with $2 million in rewards
The search engine giant is doubling its payout when it holds its Pwnium 2 hacking contest in October at the Hack In the Box conference in Malaysia.
- Social listening: Enterprises heed the call of Twitter
Social listening has become as crucial as social collaboration. Collaboration tool MindLink integrates UC with social monitoring capabilities.
- Exchange 2010 SP2 rollup 4 delivers new retention policy support
Another rollup for Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 is upon us, and this update includes 23 new fixes. Or is it actually 22 fixes plus a new feature?
- Top 10 GRC strategy tips for your midmarket organization
Read the top GRC strategy tips from our SearchCompliance.com sister site for advice on cybersecurity, risk management, compliance processes and more.
- Cisco, Aruba strive for better WLAN controller failover
With wireless LANs becoming the primary network access layer, enterprises want resilient infrastructure with faster WLAN controller failover.
- 'Smart' talent management software worth pain of deployment
Non-profit says employee turnover plummeted during its 11 years as a trial site for talent management tool that uses neural nets to pick candidates.
- Unfettered tools compromise social media security, challenge IT
Social media security involves a Pandora's box of challenges for IT pros tasked with protecting sensitive data.
- Arista: SDN is about programmable networks not overlays
Arista EOS already lets engineers build programmable networks and provision network segments, so why bother with software defined network overlays?
- The secret of developing a culture of innovation? Hint: It's free!
How CIOs are changing corporate culture. Communication and transparency are the secret to developing a culture of innovation.
- What's a wallet-less future got to do with enterprise computing?
A wallet-less world puts every customer on the A list. CIOs need to figure out how to do that in the realm of enterprise computing.