Setting soft breakpoints in ABAP that reside in Smart Forms
I've always set hard-coded breakpoints in ABAP code that reside in a Smart Form. Is it possible to set soft breakpoints instead?
- In the SMARTFORMS transaction, enter the name of the desired form
- Click on the test icon (or press F8) to bring up the function module name
- Click on the 'Display' button to show its ABAP code
- Click on the binoculars icon at the top of the screen to bring up a search pop-up window
- Enter the text on which you wish to set a breakpoint (such as a line of code in a program node)
- Select the 'In main program' radio-button then press enter
- Navigate to the desired line and set your breakpoint
Now your form will stop at this soft breakpoint during output generation, so long as it is generated in the foreground.
Dig Deeper on SAP development and programming languages
Related Q&A from Mark Smithson
How to fix a slip print-out error in an SAP Smart Form
An SAP user is looking to fix an error with a packing slip print-out in an SAP Smart Form. Continue Reading
Problems with the output device 'LOCL'
I am setting up shop papers (PM) in Smart Forms using Helvetica font. The shop papers were designed with output device LOCL. The output changes (... Continue Reading
Printing addresses without a country line using SAPscript
The address key is handy for printing addresses, but what if you don't want the country name printed? Expert Mark Smithson lets you know how to ... Continue Reading