What is green networking?
Green networking is the practice of selecting energy-efficient networking technologies and products, and minimizing resource use whenever possible.
Green networking practices include:
- Implementing virtualization.
- Practicing server consolidation.
- Upgrading older equipment for newer, more energy-efficient products.
- Employing systems management to increase efficiency.
- Substituting telecommuting, remote administration and videoconferencing for travel.
Although investing in green networking may require an initial cash outlay, the products and practices involved typically save money once put in place.
Learn More About IT:
> SearchDataCenter.com offers a report on energy-efficient computing.