Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
- Researcher uncovers several browser vulnerabilities with cross_fuzz
Security researcher Michal Zalewski said his new cross_fuzz has helped identify about 100 bugs in prominent browsers that include Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera.
- Improving BI performance without breaking the bank
Get tips from consultant Rick Sherman on designing and deploying a cost-effective business intelligence system that meets or exceeds your company?s BI performance expectations.
- Microsoft issues advisory on new Windows Graphics Rendering zero-day
Microsoft said a publicly disclosed vulnerability affects the Windows Graphics Rendering Engine in Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP.
- The top five information management meltdowns of 2010
SearchDataManagement.com takes a look back at some of the most remarkable information management blunders of 2010.
- Cloud technology priority for India Inc in ?11: SearchCIO.in survey
Cloud computing technology, business intelligence (BI), and risk management are transforming the Indian CIO?s role, according to a SearchCIO.in survey.
- The top CRM stories of 2010
From Fusion Applications to database vendors entering the CRM market, plenty happened in CRM in 2010, but was it the year of the CRM buyer?
- Can Microsoft and VMware virtualization coexist in the enterprise?
While both vendors work to market the benefits of one platform over the other, many organizations find themselves choosing the best of both worlds.
- Evaporative cooling picked for California data center
Data centers in hot, dry climates can save a bundle on energy costs with the latest generation of evaporative cooling technology.
- Networking outlook 2011: Network virtualization, wireless, security
Leading analysts share their predictions for top networking trends in 2011, including data center networks, wireless LANs, network security and network management.
- Enterprise social software adds security, more room for UC integration
Duke University is integrating its legacy UC tools into an enterprise social software platform to enrich collaboration among students while keeping their communications secure.
- Hybrid hosting: Marrying hosted, cloud environments with little capex
Rackspace built a hybrid hosting environment at minimal cost by reconfiguring existing devices to securely and automatically bridge their cloud and dedicated hosting networks.
- Sourcefire buys Immunet for cloud-based antivirus
Immunet will be integrated with Snort, ClamAV and Sourcefire's network behavior analysis capabilities to create a cloud-based enterprise suite.
- Top Channel Marker blogs for December 2010
Rumblings about Vblock direct sales tactics and VCE's new name were the most popular December 2010 Channel Marker blogs.
- Visio 2010: An improvement over 2007, but still flawed
The latest version of Microsoft's diagramming program offers a plethora of new features -- and reintroduces a former flaw.
- Data centre virtualisation: 2010 overview
Our expert rounds up everything he knows about virtualisation and the data centre in 2010 and shares his hopes for the year ahead.
- Thin provisioning driven by technology advances, best practices
Headlines: Thin provisioning gains in popularity as tech advances help alleviate de-allocation and reclamation issues; admins say best practices key to ensuring thin volumes remain thin.
- VMware, Citrix, Microsoft 2010: A year in virtualisation
Virtualisation expert Mike Laverick delivers a 2010 wrap-up of the market's biggest players, covering VMware vSphere, Citrix XenDesktop and Microsoft Hyper-V.