Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
- Hybrid hosting: Marrying hosted, cloud environments with little capex
Rackspace built a hybrid hosting environment at minimal cost by reconfiguring existing devices to securely and automatically bridge its cloud and dedicated hosting networks.
- Dhir is group CIO at Lanco Infratech
Ajay Kumar Dhir joins Lanco Infratech Limited as group CIO; he will monitor the consolidation and rollout of systems on SAP ECC6.0 across the group?s units in India.
- Social media analytics software going through growing painsSocial media analytics going through grow
Learn about the latest social media analytics software trends. See how companies are using social media monitoring, analytics and text mining technology.
- VNX marketing adopts acid tone
EMC seems to have used guerilla marketing to mark its product launch.
- Providers question timeline for meeting meaningful use criteria
For hospitals and providers meeting meaningful use criteria, the implementation process is moving too fast, and should be tempered and clarified, experts tell federal policymakers.
- Center for CIO Leadership hopes to retool the role of the CIO
Concerned about the devolving role of the CIO, the Center for CIO Leadership is refocusing the position on strategic business and technology innovation.
- EMC won?t sell one VNX product in Australia
EMC has officially launched its new VNX and VNXe products, but will leave one of the new products out of its local range and sell a Clariion system instead.
- Symantec Australia leaves its NAS offshore for now
Symantec has launched a new range of storage appliances, but isn?t bringing all of them to Australia ... yet, so it can concentrate on taking on the data deduplication market pioneered by Data Domain.
- Frucor Beverages takes SAP to the cloud
The Ggroup IS Manager of Frucor Beverages, a company best known for the V energy drink, explains how and why it will move a decade-old SAP implementation to Fujitsu?s cloud services.
- QlikView BI expedites decision making at Canon
QlikView BI deployment at Canon India accelerates the company?s decision-making process, improves its data quality, and empowers its end customers
- Sandboxing bolsters software security, but it has weaknesses, expert says
Adobe Systems, Google, Microsoft and others are deploying applications that use sandboxing technology to defend against potential attacks, but savvy hackers know how to bypass it.
- Microsoft releases Attack Surface Analyzer to developers
The newly released tool helps developers identify whether newly installed applications change the attack surface of Microsoft Windows.
- Federal electronic health records: Benefits and challenges abound
Incidents surrounding the Jan. 8, 2011 shooting spree in Ariz. served as a conspicuous reminder of a top concern about digitized medical records: the potential for security and privacy breaches.
- EMC Data Domain goes after long-term data retention with Archiver product
EMC's Data Domain deduplication platform gets a new member -- an archiving system for long-term data retention to go with its backup appliances, which have also been upgraded with new high-end and global dedupe models.