Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
- VKernel reports on VMware storage I/O stats
The first major update since VKernel integrated multiple software titles into one suite last summer, version 2.2 now includes storage I/O monitoring, Active Directory integration, and visibility into VMware RDMs.
- IDC, AHIMA predict health IT trends, purchasing priorities
What health IT trends will drive purchasing decisions in the coming months and the next few years? Two leaders in the field gaze into their crystal balls and predict what's next.
- The CIO job and age discrimination
Is the CIO job more vulnerable to age discrimination than other C-suite positions? Yes, but in ways you might not imagine, according to leading headhunters.
- Cloud, virtualization pull more managers into strategic IT planning
In the 2010 CIO Careers and Salary Survey, managers say leading-edge technologies are drawing them into strategic IT planning. A healthy number, however, are not so gung-ho.
- RightNow to acquire natural language search firm
Q-go will bring intent-based results to the RightNow CX platform to improve online customer service and conversion rates.
- Virtualization in 2010 through a newbie's eyes
Senior News Writer Beth Pariseau, a storage industry veteran, looks back on her first year covering the server virtualization market.
- Columnar database software, other technologies aim to speed analytics
Get advice from consultant Rick Sherman on using technologies such as columnar databases and in-database analytics to boost the performance of advanced analytics applications.
- EMC combines Clariion, Celerra into VNX unified storage
Headlines: EMC VNX is the result of the long-awaited consolidation of its Clariion SAN and Celerra NAS platforms into a unified storage system that will sharpen the competition with NetApp.