Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, January 28, 2011
- TippingPoint Zero-Day Initiative fixes record number of vulnerabilities
The TippingPoint Zero-Day Initiative (ZDI) program fixed 300 vulnerabilities in 2010, triple the number of flaws repaired in 2009.
- Cloud computing costs how much?
A major vendor's private cloud system could cost up to a million dollars. What is it about cloud computing that's so expensive?
- PCI compliance in the call center a headache for many
PCI compliance is often left to security or compliance professionals, but call center staff and management need to be familiar with PCI DSS as well.
- Intel throws hat in converged networking ring with free FCoE
Wearing its networking hat, Intel announced it will add free FCoE support to its 10 Gigabit Ethernet server adapaters and controllers.
- The top BI trends and analytics technology predictions for 2011
Forrester expert James Kobielus offers his technology predictions for the data warehousing, business intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics software markets in 2011.
- Tips for choosing workforce management software
Having a long-term vision and knowledge of industry requirements and business processes will steer manufacturers to the best platform for their workforce management needs.
- Attack code surfaces for new Windows MHTML zero-day vulnerability
Proof-of-concept code has surfaced enabling attackers to target the vulnerability. All versions of Windows are vulnerable.
- Intel launches Open FCoE for converged networks; more data storage news
Intel launches free software for Open FCoE; HP adds FCoE adapters from Emulex, QLogic; NEC upgrades HydraStor; Hitachi GST ships 3 TB enterprise drives with 6 Gbps SAS; and more data storage news.
- Implementing information governance in your data storage shop
Learn about information governance from Randy Kahn. Explore issues around litigation requests, records retention and electronically stored information (ESI)