Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, March 7, 2011
- Should organizations consolidate on a single database standard?
Enterprises that consolidate their IT operations onto a single database standard can reduce complexity and improve data quality, but there are some drawbacks, experts say.
- Oracle BI at TOPSGRUP aids intelligent resource allocation
Oracle BI at TOPSGRUP helps the company to manage its human resources efficiently. Oracle BI also helps the company save 30% operating costs.
- Emulex extends partner program around Ethernet storage
With its business shifting from Fibre Channel host bus adapters to converged network adapters, Emulex looks to educate partners more on 10 Gigabit Ethernet issues.
- From the Editors: Data discovery vendors riding the BI market tide
Data discovery vendors are gaining in the business intelligence market thanks to a shift in demand, says Gartner. Learn about some recent BI software releases, including vertical BI software.
- Get to know your business analysts
How well do you know the business analysts in your organization? Business analysts, or BAs, fill varied roles at companies of all sizes. This career field has been expanding steadily for the past few years, as indicated by this and past Forrester research surveys. Read this article to learn more about business analysis professionals' backgrounds, credentials, responsibilities and aspirations.
- Cloud enables global inventory management
SaaS providers and proprietary 3PL networks are helping manufacturers ship goods across borders while gaining real-time visibility into their inventory around the world.
- Europe leads on personal data handling and data governance policies
Information Difference benchmark survey on data governance reveals practice to be behind the hype. A little over half the organisations surveyed have a clear strategy.
- With Opalis, Microsoft bids for cross-platform credibility
Big enterprises are not pure Windows shops. Microsoft hopes its investment in Opalis Software will extend its reach in systems management and boost integration across platforms.
- Cisco SMB initiative includes unified communications and sales support
The new Cisco SMB initiative includes a package of SMB collaboration products as well as more extensive sales support for smaller market VARs. Will another Cisco SMB initiative work?
- IBM mainframe sees brisk sales: News in brief
Led by the IBM mainframe, server revenues showed healthy growth in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to IDC; and the Green Grid unveiled its Data Center Maturity Model.
- Barracuda study shows sharp rise in search engine malware, Twitter crime rate
While Google gained greater control over malware poisoned search results, cybercriminals turned to other search engines and took advantage of opportunities on social networks.
- Malvertising, pop-up ad virus problems demand more user protection
A recent pop-up ad infection on the London Stock Exchange's website highlights the growing scourge of malicious advertising, or malvertising.