Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- Product spotlight: Continuous data protection, Web app scanning
Our latest roundup of IT compliance products features a solution for continuous data protection and a Web application scanning tool that reviews apps for vulnerabilities.
- VMware SET change and Adrian Jones exit head top February stories
The VMware partners' acceptance of being charged for Solution Enablement Toolkits and the sudden departure of Adrian Jones from HP topped the February stories.
- Benchmarking real data governance
Data governance is hotting up. But what is the reality? Andy Hayler discusses the findings from a benchmarking survey from his firm and the Data Governance Institute.
- Should organizations consolidate on a single database standard?
Enterprises that consolidate their IT operations onto a single database standard can reduce complexity and improve data quality, but there are some drawbacks, experts say.
- Cloud brokers emerge to sort out the chaos of cloud services
Faced with a chaotic mix of cloud services, IT execs now must sort through a crowd of cloud brokers that claim to minimize risks and improve interoperability.
- VMware shops intrigued by vCenter Operations
Beta testers are impressed with VMware?s new automated root-cause analysis tool, but some are still waiting to test and get pricing information on the Advanced and Enterprise editions.
- Two hospitals share a hosted private cloud
When two hospitals decided to share a hosted private cloud, they both found that productivity doubled ? and they didn't have to build it themselves.
- Community health center changes data protection strategy with Syncsort
A community health center switches its data management and data protection strategy, moving from an EMC SAN and reliance on tape to NetApp and NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB).
- Change management the key to avoiding SAP project failure
While some companies may minimize or dismiss change management issues as too ?touchy-feely,? it can make the difference between an SAP implementation success or failure.
- Oracle Exadata X2-8 and the evolution of Oracle RAC
Oracle Exadata X2-8 represents a step in the evolution of Oracle RAC. However, the direction of that step may surprise you.
- Next generation of AT&T M2M services calls for new strategy, partners
AT&T tells SearchTelecom about its new approach to the enterprise M2M market. With new M2M services and partners, AT&T hopes to generate more than network access revenue from M2M.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- Ponemon study finds data breach costs increasing
The average organizational cost of a data breach increased 5% over 2009 to $7.2 million, according to a Ponemon Institute report issued today.
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday leaves MHTML bug unchecked
Microsoft issued three bulletins, one critical, repairing a DLL preloading issue affecting Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.
- Google acknowledges Android Trojan, takes security steps
The search engine giant said it would take steps to prevent additional malicious applications from using similar exploits from being distrusted via its Android Market.