Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- Motorola's 'mobility in the enterprise' strategy takes two paths
Motorola Mobility makes and uses products for mobility in the enterprise. That gives CIO Walt Oswald a unique view of innovating with mobile tech.
- Infrastructure's effect on Oracle Database performance
Oracle database performance can be affected in many ways at the infrastructure level, including the CPU, RAM, storage topology and networking infrastructure.
- Web integration tool helps trucker automate cloud-centered workflow
Web ?screen scraper? cleverly fills an application integration niche for companies like Pitt-Ohio whose workflow is heavily Web-driven, analysts say.
- Tata AIG General Insurance?s business continuity planning strategies
With13,00,000 active policies, non-stop ops are a must for Tata AIG general insurance. A detailed look at its business continuity planning (BCP) strategy.
- Adobe patches Flash to fix zero-day XSS vulnerability
?Important? cross-site scripting vulnerability in Flash Player on all platforms mitigated to combat zero-day attacks in the wild.
- Dell turns EqualLogic into multiprotocol storage with clustered NAS
Dell adds Exanet file system into EqualLogic iSCSI SAN through new FS7500 appliance that turns EqualLogic into multiprotocol storage but requires adding a separate box.
- United Biscuits uses NetApp storage virtualisation with IBM storage
Storage roundup: Biscuit firm dunks IBM in NetApp storage virtualisation; law firm gets virtual I/O; Acronis launches channel programme; and more news.
- RSA responds to SecurID attack, plans security token replacement
Following a retooling of its manufacturing and supply chain management processes, RSA plans to replace security tokens for high risk customers.
- Q&A: With SQL Azure, Microsoft eyes giant leap to the cloud
It was cloud, cloud, cloud at Microsoft TechEd 2011. Microsoft?s Mark Kromer discusses the SQL Azure, what?s new with the cloud database offering and what?s to come.
- "Development as a team sport" theme plays out at IBM Innovate event
The cause for software productivity was forwarded this week at the IBM Innovate 2011 event in Orlando, Fla.
- Tablet growth in the enterprise ready to erupt
IT pros are planning on significant tablet growth as part of their IT strategy, according to our reader survey. But will tablets ever replace laptops and desktops?
- Cloud computing tests information security strategy limits
Information security strategy tweaks are in order as data, users and infrastructures move to a shared cloud computing environment.
- Linux kernel to fully support Xen: Too little too late?
The mainline Linux kernel now supports Xen, but the KVM horse has left the barn, say experts.
- How West Midlands police collared identity and access management vendors
Streamlining access is extremely important for the 15,000-person unit, particularly when dealing with information as sensitive as that in police records.
- SAP shops reviewing BI strategies in wake of BusinessObjects 4.0
The release of BusinessObjects BI 4.0 caused companies to assess their BI strategies. Find out when to stay with BEx and when to consider BusinessObjects.
- Lagging IPv6 security features, vulnerabilities could hamper transition
Experts say suspect IPv6 security features in commercial products and weaknesses in the protocol could be exploited by attackers.
- Cigital acquires Consciere, brings in security vets
Software security consultancy Cigital has acquired Consciere, bringing in security veterans Joel Scambray and Kevin Rich.