Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
- Converged data center hardware news
Use this resource to catch up on news and trends in converged data center hardware and unified computing systems where Hewlett-Packard and Cisco Systems are duking it out.
- Finding IPv6-capable network appliances
IPv6-capable network appliances are few and far between, especially WAN optimization accelerators. Find out in this Q&A why that is and what features to look for.
- Dell execs talk scale-out NAS, data reduction, 3PAR, EMC
Dell storage chief Darren Thomas and other Dell execs discuss the company?s storage strategy, with plans for scale-out NAS, data optimization and where Compellent fits in the mix.
- MobileMe signalled for shutdown, iCloud unveiled at Apple WWDC 2011
This week the registered users of Apple's MobileMe service received notification that MobileMe was being shut down. In it's place? Prepare for iCloud. And prepare for another data leakage channel from your network.
- Document capture: the first step in effective document management
Experts say that document management technology won?t banish paper from the office until proper document capture processes are adopted.
- What World IPv6 Day is all about
Learn what World IPv6 Day is, what it will accomplish and why it matters to enterprise network engineers and managers dealing with the new Internet Protocol version 6.
- Windows ThinPC strips down Windows 7 for old PCs
Got old PCs? Want to run Windows 7? For Software Assurance subscribers, Microsoft Windows ThinPC could be in the cards.
- Students help test IPv6 in Australia - ?Best School Day Ever!?
?The successful Australian test of IPv6 ? the next generation of Internet Protocol ? has cleared the way for full implementation?, said Narelle Clark, Vice President of the Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) and coordinator of Australia's activities.
- SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference 2011: Recap and Highlights
Contributor Jim Brogden reviews his experience at the recent SAPPHIRE NOW event in Orlando. Find out which sessions might be worth a replay.
- WAN managers share their IPv6 migration strategies on World IPv6 Day
SearchEnterpriseWAN.com asked WAN managers about where they stand today with their IPv6 migration strategies as well as their thoughts on World IPv6 Day.
- Data governance framework seen as bedrock of airline MDM strategy
Data governance emerges as a prerequisite for a sustainable, long-term master data management strategy.
- HP shops balk at AppSystem bundles
IT pros don?t find much to love in new HP data center appliances.
- HP sends demand letter to Oracle over Itanium
HP is demanding that Oracle reverse its decision to stop development of Oracle on Itanium platforms, saying Oracle is contractually obligated to do so.
- Dell turns EqualLogic into multiprotocol storage with clustered NAS
Headlines: Dell adds Exanet file system into EqualLogic iSCSI SAN through new FS7500 appliance that turns EqualLogic into multiprotocol storage but requires adding a separate box.
- Dell PartnerDirect updates top May news
The evolution of the Dell PartnerDirect program and its new Premier tier, as well as Attachmate?s Novell plans intrigued SearchITChannel.com readers in May.
- Cisco ASR 9000 edge router upgrades introduce network virtualization
Cisco is upgrading and expanding its ASR 9000 series with edge router and aggregation network solutions that introduce network virtualization to ease management and operations.
- Planning for Windows 8
With many CIOs still planning or recovering from their Windows 7 deployment, Microsoft has unveiled early builds of Windows 8.
- RSA responds to SecurID attack, plans security token replacement
Following a retooling of its manufacturing and supply chain management processes, RSA plans to replace security tokens for high risk customers.
- Workforce of the future puts CIOs in the hot seat
Why collaboration and innovation expert Tamara Erickson believes CIOs will be central to their organization's success and the workforce of the future.