Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Australian company ?M5 develop hardware for secure networks
One Australian company is working to bring the benefits of anywhere/anytime/anydevice networking to Government Secure and Classified environments while maintaining network security compliance.
- Shopping tip: Unstructured data analytics tools not all created equal
Before buying, it?s important to understand how content analytics tools vary in how they ingest, process and analyze and present unstructured data.
- No fireworks on World IPv6 Day, but IPv6 migration challenges remain
No, nothing blew up on World IPv6 Day. But wide area network (WAN) managers still have plenty to worry about with their own IPv6 migration planning and preparation.
- Quantum launches StorNext storage file system on appliance
Headlines: Quantum ships StorNext storage file system on bundled appliance to serve as metadata controller; indicates more appliances coming so users don?t have to build their own systems.
- Oracle support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux in question
Oracle recently announced changes for the storage management features of Oracle Database, leaving some Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) users wondering if Oracle is pulling support for Red Hat.
- Computer forensics growing part of Fed cybersecurity strategy
As the number of attacks on federal systems increases, more government agencies are realizing the importance of computer forensics.
- Surveys reveal common Malware and Spyware are of most concern
For IT security professionals and executives, it is the common malware and spyware attacks which threaten their organisations most significantly, and not high-profile attacks luke Stuxnet
- Dresner survey shows business taking control of BI deployments
Howard Dresner shares the results from the 2011 Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Survey and a few tips on BI deployment.
- McAfee releases Android end point security solution
McAfee have announced McAfee Mobile Security software, available for both smartphones and tablets, which according to a recent press release provides a comprehensive mobile security solution by combining three leading McAfee mobile security products: WaveSecure, VirusScan Mobile and SiteAdvisor? for Android.
- Plug-ins breathe new life into VMware vCenter Orchestrator
New plug-ins will give users and ISVs more options for integrating third-party and homegrown apps into VMware?s orchestration tool.
- Writing About Testing (WAT): A conference for software testers who write
Style and grace were the values emphasized at the 2011 conference in Durango for testers who write about the art. SSQ Agile expert Lisa Crispin attended this conference and brings back the highlights.
- Creating an effective enterprise information management program
Enterprise information management aims to optimize the use of data as a corporate asset. But setting up an EIM program presents a variety of challenges and potential missteps to watch out for.
- Tech Watch: Healthy prognosis for EHR solutions
Hype aside, there?s a ton of opportunity for health care VARs with Epic and Cerner expertise.