Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
- Indian outsourcer picks up mainframe graveyard shift
An Indian company is offering outsourcing services for organizations looking to fill late-night mainframe slots.
- CA overhauls mainframe portfolio: News in brief
CA conducts annual mainframe software blitz; Fujitsu updates its four- and eight-socket Primergy x86 servers; and Sanbolic releases a new version if its Melio cluster file system.
- Large data sets pose huge challenges for CIOs, but boost careers too
Convinced that Big Data will give them a competitive edge, enterprises are looking to their CIOs to manage large data sets. That's a tough challenge.
- Jump-starting your data center with a virtualization strategy
Virtualization is not just a tactical tool. Give your entire IT department a facelift by implementing a long-term virtualization strategy.
- Under Armour uses SAP BPC for operational control
Sports apparel maker Under Armour turned to SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation (formerly known as BPC) to gain better control of its production networks.
- Business intelligence tool to be deployed at Tata AIG Life
One of India?s largest private sector insurers, Tata AIG Life plan to deploy a business intelligence tool. Learn what it wants from the new BI tool.
- Network security case study: College?s NAC virtual appliance makes grade
Wellington College?s network security case study explains how a NAC virtualization appliance blocks malware and provides increased capacity on demand.
- For state HIE, patient opt-out a thorny technical issue
Building a state HIE is complicated. Creating an IT back-end to support individual patient consent -- mandated by law in some states -- is even more complex.
- HP vs. Cisco hardware battle yields deep discounts for IT shops
As Hewlett-Packard and Cisco duke it out for new data center deals, IT shops get fire sale prices on high-end hardware. Now how much would you pay?
- Study: Supply chain management best practices helped with volatility
PRTM says supply chain collaboration ?levers? helped some manufacturers absorb shocks caused by natural disasters and the worldwide recession.
- Open Virtualization Alliance unlikely to unseat VMware
Users aren?t sold that the Open Virtualization Alliance can promote KVM over VMware, the "safe? virtualization choice.
- Oracle storage strategy: Make our apps run better
Headlines: Oracle executives say their storage strategy is to sell storage systems that run their databases and other apps faster and more efficiently.
- phpMyAdmin gets patch for multiple vulnerabilities
Security releases phpMyAdmin 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 fix four critical vulnerabilities reported by Secunia.
- 5 cloud BI considerations for a successful rollout
Migrating an end-to-end business intelligence (BI) solution to the cloud can be complicated. Consider these five points for successful cloud BI migration.
- Predictive analytics, data visualisation, player tracking at play at Wimbledon
IBM provided predictive analytics, player tracking and data visualisation at Wimbledon.
- Consider these tips for a solid Web content management system strategy
Successful Web content management system strategies and deployments begin with end users in mind before taking a flexible approach and making sure the strategy receives ongoing care and feeding.