Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, July 7, 2011
- Cloud technology brings scalability to Indian mobile advertising co
When you are in the online ads game, you need scalability on tap. An in-depth case study of how Vserv went aboard Amazon EC2 to gain from cloud technology.
- The push is on for IT cost transparency
CIOs are under pressure as never before to achieve IT cost transparency. One CIO finds his way with technology business management software.
- Cisco competitors catch the user eye despite old loyalties
Half of Cisco users will consider buying equipment from less expensive Cisco competitors even though these users believe in Cisco's products, according to a readership poll.
- Home care business implements 'right time' Oracle BI
ResCare turned to Oracle BI to improve the way it collected more than 60 business metrics, compiling and distributing them eight weeks after each fiscal quarter.
- How to ensure CRM metrics effectively align with business goals
With the increase in CRM metrics available, it?s important to apply the metrics that provide the best feedback about the business drivers. Learn about sales and call center metrics and general best practices for all CRM metrics.
- Lync Online UCaaS debuts, but some question if it's enterprise-ready
UC pros have been edgy about UC as a Service (UCaaS), citing concerns around limited customization and features?and even Microsoft may not change their minds with Lync Online.
- Will Windows 8 undercut Microsoft's other OSes?
Microsoft appears on track to deliver Windows 8 next year. But will an on-time delivery be a bad thing for best-selling Windows 7?
- SAP in-memory smart grid analytics for utilities on the way
Next month, one of the newest SAP in-memory applications will hit the market, allowing utility companies to better manage energy supply and demand.
- Washington Post email breach affects more than a million job seekers
A breach of the newspaper?s job site exposed 1.27 million usernames and email addresses.
- Understanding and implementing information governance best practices
Effective and successful information governance requires an understanding of the business case, setting clear priorities and an ongoing strategy to ensure a continuous process of management.
- Mastering the IT demands of a sustainable supply chain
There are a multitude of IT systems for defining, tracking and managing the sustainable supply chain. A consultant explores their pitfalls and best practices.
- Microsoft to repair 22 vulnerabilities across Windows, Office
The software giant plans to issue four bulletins, one rated ?critical? as part of its Patch Tuesday scheduled security updates.
- Kaspersky Lab announces sponsorship of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Kaspersky Lab is following up the sponsorship of the AFL Melbourne Demons with a additional sponsorship agreement announced today between Kaspersky Lab and the NSW based NRL Manly Sea Eagles.
- Many private firms decline ICO audit, finds 2011 ICO annual report
The 2011 ICO annual report shows that of the private companies offered an ICO audit last year, only 19% accepted.
- Microsoft partners get reprieve on revenue targets
Microsoft Partner Network deadline for measuring revenue for Gold competency is pushed out another year.