Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 8, 2011
- Getting the most out of demand-driven supply chain technology
Fueled by technology such as demand signal repositories and POS, the demand-driven supply chain can respond quickly and effectively to customer demand.
- Is VMware vCloud Express in trouble?
VMware's quest to partner with service providers for Amazon-style clouds seems to be coming apart due to a lack of serious interest and gratification for providers.
- Microsoft plans light patch Tuesday; to fix 22 bugs
Issues advance patch notification for four security vulnerabilities to address 22 bugs across Windows, Office products; culminates support for Vista SP1.
- Global IT spending in 2011 on BPM to increase - Gartner
The worldwide IT spending on BPM is likely to grow in 2011. Get insights into Gartner?s research on year 2011 thrends in IT spending on BPM.
- Federated cloud redux with Hexagrid
Federated clouds are making more sense for cloud providers looking to connect their own data centers, versus promoting strategic partnerships and crossovers with other providers.
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 rollup fixes 20 issues
Though Exchange Server 2010 is mature, many IT shops still rely on Exchange Server 2007. If that includes you, check out the fixes in Exchange 2007 SP3 Update Rollup 4.
- XenServer 6.0 beta out: Virtualization news in brief
XenServer 6.0 adds support for cross-platform management with Microsoft and VMware; VMTurbo unveils free virtualization management tool; VMware Labs simplifies client application.
- 4G wireless WAN services with SLAs: Too good to be true?
Despite the hype, 4G is as much of a best-effort consumer service as 3G is for branches. But Sprint is trying to make 4G business-ready with its new wireless WAN services.