Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
- VMware vSphere 5 licensing sets virtual RAM limits
Some VMware users are up in arms about the new vSphere 5 licensing and pricing, which is based on the amount of memory assigned to VMs.
- At WPC 2011, content sparse for Microsoft security partners
Microsoft is pushing cloud services during its Worldwide Partner Conference 2011, leaving IT security to its OEMs and expo exhibitors.
- Managing iPads in enterprise networks
These days users expect to be able to use their iPads inside the business and as thousands of software vendors release applications for the iOS platform which provide data mobility and usability benefits to employees, the prospect of the iPad as a business device is becoming a forced reality.
- Ruxcon announce call for papers, Script kiddies need not apply
The Ruxcon team have announced their call for papers for the seventh annual Ruxcon conference to be held over the weekend of 19th and 20th of November at the CQ Function Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
- A CIO's SOA strategy fuels business transformation
A SOA strategy and an agile project management approach turned IT from an anchor into a business transformation engine at Hallmark Services Corp.
- Gartner sees a growing link between MDM and BPM initiatives
Organizations increasingly are seeing opportunities to unify master data, business process and performance management efforts, according to Gartner.
- Cisco Live 2011: Catalyst 6500 upgrade the game changer?
At Cisco 2011, Cisco played to its core audience, announcing a Catalyst 6500 upgrade that will triple the switch's speed and capacity and beef up security and management.
- Oracle, SAP return to battle in court
SAP will argue for a new trial in its legal battle against Oracle, saying the jury?s $1.3 billion verdict in the TomorrowNow case was a ?miscarriage of justice.?
- Microsoft cloud partner wins award for access management solution
At WPC 2011, Microsoft recognizes Omada for its access management solution, which works as an add-on to secure Microsoft?s cloud platform.
- Microsoft promises more Azure disclosure to partners
Faster, more complete Windows Azure roadmaps are promised to committed Microsoft partners.
- EMC VMAXe looks to power private and public storage clouds
EMC officially launches its Symmetrix VMAXe, pitching it as enterprise-grade storage for private storage clouds and public cloud service providers.
- F5 looks to bring ARX NAS virtualization, file migration to smaller organizations
Headlines: F5 adds midrange and entry-level ARX devices as it attempts to bring NAS virtualization and file migration to organizations besides large enterprises.
- Myth vs. Reality: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
While 10 Gigbit Ethernet has been available for years, it is still new to many network engineers. We bust the common myths of 10 GbE.
- Data warehouse hardware, software bundles: benefits vs. limitations
Data warehouse appliances can make it easier for organizations to take advantage of data warehousing technology. But they also have some potential drawbacks to be aware of.
- Microsoft's yen for EA renewals drives Windows 8 push
With some IT shops hesitant to renew their Microsoft enterprise licensing agreements, Microsoft is redoubling efforts to get Windows XP users over to Windows 7 and 8.
- Hyper-V Replica, Windows Server 8 debut at Microsoft WPC 2011
As Microsoft showed off Hyper-V Replica and Windows Server 8, partners talked about how they make money and find success against VMware.
- Three tech trends shaping the future IT organization and the CIO role
Cloud computing is just one of three technologies shaping the IT organization of the future and the role of the CIO.
- Vendor evaluation criteria: Is your ERP vendor good with BI?
If your business is big on ERP, you may want to consider these vendor evaluation criteria when adopting a business intelligence solution.
- VSphere Storage Appliance to replace mid-range arrays: analyst
An analyst says VMware?s vSphere Storage Appliance, launched today, will eventually cause the demise of products like EMC?s Clariion and NetApp?s low-end FAS.
- Can a contact center play pivotal role in enterprise CRM strategy?
On the customer front-line, contact centers are best positioned to guide corporate CRM strategy, according to a global benchmarking report.
- Process intelligence gains momentum at the intersection of BI and BPM
Process intelligence is gaining momentum for both vendors and customers alike. But what is it and does your organization need it?