Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- The Obama administration?s Identity Ecosystem plan: What to expect
President Obama's proposed Identity Ecosystem seeks to lock down personal credentials, but is it actually feasible?
- Behavioral health agency sees benefits to online word processing
One agency looks to online word processing as a method to port data into the cloud, and security measures are developing to enhance safety and compliance.
- Black Hat 2011: Researchers to demonstrate Android attack
Researchers will demonstrate an Android phone drive-by attack using a vulnerability in Skype and the smartphone?s Webkit browser engine.
- Silver Peak: Run our virtual WAN optimization software anywhere
Silver Peak Systems is opening up its architecture to enable its virtual WAN optimization software to run on any capable network or storage device.
- Virtualization security helps state agency recover from breach
After a security breach in 2008, New Mexico?s Human Services Department turned to tools from Juniper and HyTrust to harden its virtual server environment.
- Enterprise applications market records robust growth: IDC
The enterprise applications market has registered steady growth recently, especially in the APEJ region. Find out what this growth can be attributed to.
- SAP Business ByDesign Feature Pack 3.0 offers navigation speed
The changes to the new release of SAP Business ByDesign begin with the GUI and continue through the cloud to mobile platforms.
- ERP technology trends point to a ?bright? future, Forrester says
New technologies are making ERP and other enterprise applications more efficient and manageable, according to a new Forrester report outlining how to make the most of the changes.
- Hackers target Adobe vulnerabilities, Java vulnerabilities
A new report notes a significant rise in the number of attacks against Adobe and Java vulnerabilities in the last six months.
- Smartphone adoption spurs advanced services demand in Latin America
Latin American smartphone adoption is more robust than North America's, and the consumers are more mobile-friendly than their peers in developed economies.
- Nasuni Filer adds SLA, hardware option for NAS cloud gateway
Headlines: Nasuni tries to spur primary storage cloud adoption with service-level agreements, hardware option for Nasuni Filer NAS cloud gateway.
- Cisco adds 60-watt Power over Ethernet standard in Cat 4500
Cisco is pushing the Power over Ethernet standard to 60 watts with Universal PoE. The technology is available in new line cards for the Catalyst 4500.
- IBM Watson under the hood: Booch describes Jeopardy champ's systems architecture
Grady Booch describes systems architecture of Jeopardy champ Watson. It uses the well known pipe and filter pattern and the less known UIMA-AS scheme.
- Law Firm to use smart technology to connect employees
Minter Ellison, one of the largest full-service law firms in the Asia Pacific region, has embarked on a significant technology project to improve business video-based collaboration and knowledge sharing across its more than 290 partners and 1,000 legal staff in Australia, Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.