Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 22, 2011
- Google malware warning system alerts users about infections
The new malware alert feature is in response to unusual search traffic detected in the search engine giant?s servers.
- Politics, (computing) power and money in IT and the cloud
IT pros observe the shift in IT culture with the advance of cloud computing. Fiscal pressure and end-user demand will change their world.
- Financial reporting gets easier at Raymond Group
The Raymond Group streamlined financial reporting using 1Key FCM. Learn how they went about it and benefited from smooth and efficient financial reporting.
- A really useless Cloud Computing Index
First Trust's Cloud Computing Index doesn't accurately reflect major cloud players like Microsoft, Citrix and the fast-moving Workday.
- Document imaging systems mature, offer expanded options to users
A boom in sales of document imaging systems is driving lower prices among capture and scanning tools and expanded features like improved image quality, color and optical character recognition.
- VSphere 5 licensing furor calms down, but problems remain
Most users now realize that the new VMware vSphere 5 licensing model won?t cost them more money, but it will affect how they use some of vSphere?s beneficial features.
- Alcatel-Lucent enterprise sale: Who will buy?
What will an Alcatel-Lucent enterprise sale mean to European markets and for competition in networking and collaboration market segments specifically?
- LSI CacheVault protects data with NAND flash; more data storage news
LSI?s MegaRAID CacheVault protects data with NAND flash and replaces Lithium-ion batteries with super capacitor; IBM, Violin Memory set file-scanning mark; and more storage news.
- Kaspersky CTO: Open Apple iOS restrictions for security vendors
Kaspersky CTO wants Apple to open up its iPhone platform, but that could increase the risk of threats, say some security experts.
- First rule of IT governance: To cut costs, align business and IT
IT governance needn?t be complex or reserved for the largest enterprises. Today?s frameworks offer practical tools for all types of companies.
- Veeam, Quest gain virtual backup customers: News in brief
Two virtualization management companies boast customer growth, plus: VKernel launches new API, VMTurbo releases Cloud Operations Manager and other virtualization news.
- Intel, Dell, Riverbed go on buying spree: News in brief
Data center bigwigs made a series of acquisitions this week; and other data center news in brief.
- Cisco Live 2011 Las Vegas: Nexus and Catalyst under one roof
At Cisco Live 2011 Las Vegas, Cisco said it will condense business units. That means Nexus and Catalyst switching lines will live in the same unit. Which one will get the R&D cash?
- kCura masters e-discovery with text analytics
Lawyers and analysts note a growing interest in text analytics for e-discovery and name software firm kCura a leader in a market that?s changed considerably in the last few years.
- Smartphone malware: Infections will hit one in 20, study predicts
A recent study by security vendor Trusteer predicts there will be about 56,000 infections for every million smartphone users in the coming year.