Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 1, 2011
- Manufacturer looks to MES to standardize global plants
MES software helped an engine manufacturer get its sprawling network of plants on the same page while empowering plant engineers to customize the MES for their needs.
- Finding the value in server application virtualization
Some IT pros can see the potential in abstracting applications from server operating systems. For now, the technology is just getting off the ground.
- Adobe?s Watson: Context is king in enterprise social collaboration
Adobe?s Ben Watson says good enterprise social collaboration makes employee and customer interaction transparent and gets customer experience management right, leading to loyal customers and success.
- IT channel partner program news
This one-stop-shop resource will get you up to speed on the latest market trends, partner-vendor relationships and IT channel partner program news.
- Dealing with ?big data? challenges: Real-world strategies and advice
IT pros and analysts offer guidance on how to cope with the complexities of ?big data? installations in data warehouses and alternative data stores.
- Citrix patches severe XenDesktop, XenApp security flaw
The virtualization vendor says a severe XenDesktop and XenApp security flaw needs immediate patching, or else an attacker may execute arbitrary code.
- Three tech trends shaping the future IT organization and the CIO role
Cloud computing is just one of three technologies shaping the IT organization of the future and the role of the CIO.
- Bad sectors ? Storage news from Dell, Zerowait and Waikato District Health Board
Dell plans to bring its vStart pre-packaged infrastructure stacks to Australia later this year, while ZeroWait has scored an Australian customer for its SimplStor product.
- Researchers hatch novel off-grid data center scheme
A new research project will build a pair of data centers that generate 100% of their power from renewable energy.
- Oracle virtualization policy irks Java world; taking data centers off grid
Oracle irritates Java world; Akamai gets partner religion; Researchers plan off-grid data centers; IT channel news in brief.
- Three hundred million Apple iPhone 5s?
Apple has placed an order for 300 million parts for its iPhone 5. More than a few of those will no doubt make it into the enterprise.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant reveals fragmented social CRM market
Gartner recommends companies focus on business priorities and true engagement to make social CRM projects a success.