Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
- Virtualization 2012: Hyper-V 3 vs. vSphere 5 showdown looms
If Hyper-V 3 comes to market as expected by the end of this year, users say it will give VMware?s vSphere 5 a run for its money -- literally.
- 2011 networking channel trends: Can partners keep up?
The top five 2011 networking channel trends display expansion and growth in networking service, product and solution offerings, keeping partners on their toes going forward.
- Network technology trends 2012: Data center networks
When it comes to data center networking technology trends 2012, expect the rise of data center fabrics, but not necessarily uptake of storage convergence or the public cloud.
- Three trends that will stimulate health IT innovation in 2012
The federal government is opening up its health data and its purse to stimulate health IT innovation.
- Professionalism and discipline in software development: Q&A with Bob Martin
What is the role of QA when developers are automating more and more of the test efforts? What?s the best way to give code estimates? Software guru ?Uncle Bob? Martin answers these questions in this first part of a two-part interview about his new book.
- Platform as a Service predictions: What will 2012 bring?
Analysts, developers and vendors make their predictions for the Platform as a Service market; it boomed in 2011 and more is expected in 2012.
- Collaboration, discipline and software quality: Wisdom from Uncle Bob Martin
In this second of a two-part interview with renowned software development expert ?Uncle Bob? Martin, we hear more of his thoughts on collaboration, discipline and measuring quality.
- Cloud computing, mobile ERP, analytics expected to gain traction in 2012
What?s on the horizon for manufacturing IT in 2012? Industry experts offer their predictions.
- Diebold turns ATMs into VDI clients
ATMs hold data and software that can be compromised by sophisticated criminals. Diebold will blunt threats by transforming ATMs into VDI-based zero clients.
- With influx of gifted gadgets, mobile device security top of mind for IT
After the holidays, many companies are facing an influx of mobile devices that could affect compliance with various regulations. Is your mobile device security strategy ready?
- Planning and allocating resources for customer experience management
Customer experience management (CEM) crosses multiple departments and IT systems. How should organizations tackle the enormous task of mapping out a CEM transformation?