Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
- Storage and DR take virtualization center stage in 2012
Storage and disaster recovery will be on the front lines of the battle to virtualize the data center in 2012.
- Virtualization management in 2012: All about multi-hypervisor
Virtualization management tools will increasingly support heterogeneous hypervisors, and there will be a number of acquisitions in this space next year, IT pros and experts predict.
- Tilded platform responsible for Stuxnet, Duqu evasiveness
Researchers at Kaspersky Lab tie the Stuxnet worm and its sister Duqu Trojan to the Tilded platform, which helped the malware evade detection by traditional security software.
- IBM acquires cloud software test service
IBM announced a deal this morning to acquire Green Hat, a cloud software quality and testing service.
- SAP HANA?s long road to near-real-time analysis of ERP data
SAP HANA?s path to faster ERP analysis includes new in-memory apps, accelerators, standalone apps and service packs through 2012 and beyond.
- Storage wrap: Take a last glance at 2011, early peek at 2012
Headlines: We wrap up the top storage stories of 2011, including the impact of the cloud and solid-state. Also we offer outlook on key storage issues and technologies for 2012.
- Lots of talk, little movement toward cloud Web content management
While some companies are getting their feet wet with cloud-based WCM, the ramp-up is slow because of lingering concerns about security, ease of configuration and integration.
- Checklist items: Business intelligence best practices for SMBs
Midmarket companies investing in BI systems should follow the same basic steps as larger organizations, analysts say. But, they caution, there's typically less room for error in smaller businesses.
- Michael Stonebraker predicts trouble for relational databases in 2012
Database pioneer Michael Stonebraker says that one size no longer fits all when it comes to buying database software.