Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, January 5, 2012
- Why 4G Spectrum is the government?s most coveted networking asset
The UK government is looking to end its airwave auction mess by commencing its 4G spectrum auction. Can UK network operators avoid the pitfalls faced in the US?
- Book outlines strategies for switching to Oracle in the cloud
The co-author of a new book on migrating Oracle workloads to the cloud talks about how some Oracle pros are running in the cloud but don?t know it, and the challenges around a cloud migration.
- Care2 resets millions of account credentials following security breach
Care2, a social network that promotes a variety of causes, announced a data security breach Dec. 28 in which hackers targeted account credentials on the company servers.
- Four trends that will shape IT services in 2012
As businesses respond to the integration of consumer technologies in the enterprise, IT solution providers will need to adapt to serve the new business needs.
- Rackspace applies its 'fanatical support' model to cloud support
The cloud isn't poor man's hosting, and cloud support shouldn't be either, says Rackspace, which shares its 2012 vision in the second part of this cloud provider Q&A series.
- Expert explains where to integrate manufacturing procurement with ERP
What procurement processes should be integrated with core ERP and where does it make less sense? Gartner analyst Deborah Wilson explains what companies need to know about procurement integration.
- Surrey County Council?s data centre efficiency project: Case study
The council will replace its existing primary IT facility this spring with a new energy efficient data centre facility which will help it save around ?160,000 every year.
- Year?s top 5 security podcasts highlight security breaches of 2011
Among the experts are Verizon?s Wade Baker on data breaches, Microsoft?s David Ladd on software security and Catalin Cosoi of BitDefender on targeted attack prevention.
- January 2012 Patch Tuesday: Microsoft to fix eight flaws in Windows, developer tools
The software giant will issue seven bulletins, including one critical, as part of its January 2012 Patch Tuesday security updates.
- Big data, mobile IT, cloud drove fast-moving 2011, set stage for 2012
Driven by mobile IT, big data and clouds of all shapes, the pace of change sped up for CIOs in 2011 and set the stage for an equally disruptive 2012.
- Employee focus transforms customer experience management strategies
CEM initiatives suffer when employees can?t provide their perspectives on customer concerns.
- Ramnit financial malware rips Facebook credentials
Researchers at security firm Seculert have discovered a cache of 45,000 Facebook login credentials tied to the Ramnit worm.