Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- WAN trends for 2012: Cloud computing, virtualization, SaaS and more
Cloud computing is one of the top five technology trends for 2012 that are reshaping the wide area network (WAN). Discover the other trends in this slideshow.
- Big data growth trends in 2012 affect wide area network needs
Big data growth is expected for 2012. This IT trend will create some new challenges for the wide area network (WAN).
- Mobility, consumerization of IT trends reshape the WAN in 2012
Mobility and consumerization of IT trends will reshape the enterprise wide area network (WAN) in 2012. Learn how in this slide show.
- 2012 IT trends: Growth of video drives increased bandwidth needs
One of the 2012 IT trends is the growth of video in the enterprise. Video conferencing and video on demand traffic will take up precious WAN bandwidth.
- Top 10 SearchITChannel.com news stories of 2011
Cloud computing and virtualization made big waves in 2011, and some of the industry leading vendors shifted strategies in preparation for a mobile workforce and more emphasis on data storage. Find out what stories were most popular with the channel audience.
- WANs in 2012: IPv6 trend moves from strategy to deployment
After more than a decade of anticipation, the pool of IPv4 addresses has dried up. Experts believe IPv6 trends will move from vision to roadmap.
- Measurement, monitoring essential to customer experience management
Learn how Coca-Cola and ING Direct expanded their customer experience management in social media approaches by measuring goals and monitoring customer feedback.
- How the NHBC uses cloud-based technology for VPN authentication
The National House-Building Council is using cloud-based technology to offer almost 70% of its workforce authenticated remote access to its VPN using SMS and hard tokens.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle, IBM lead product MDM software market
Oracle and IBM are the sole product MDM ?leaders,? says Gartner, which also sees some vendors starting to focus on social media data and ?big data.?
- Mobile, social engineering top data security management concerns
Spear phishing, mobile device management and social engineering top IT executives' data security management agendas for 2012.
- Want faster SAP financial reporting? Experts share how to get it
Experts share advice on how companies can make their SAP ERP Financials reporting more efficient.
- Building predictive models requires business engagement, mix of skills
To generate useful predictive analytics results, predictive modeling teams need a combination of analytical and business know-how plus close ties to business users, say analytics pros and consultants.
- App integration is result of good architecture: Pradip Sitaram, early cloud adopter
Managers should ensure development teams don't overlook good planning in their rush to deploy cloud applications.
- Mobile business applications: Is your IT infrastructure ready?
Manufacturers need a solid IT foundation to support mobile ERP and BI applications, according to experts. It?s no surprise that key areas to focus on initially are data management and security.
- IT experts want better security features in iPad 3
IT pros say Apple needs to add a number of security features to make the iPad 3 enterprise-friendly. Here?s what Apple might deliver and what IT experts hope to see in iPad 3.
- Microsoft January 2012 Patch Tuesday issues Windows Media fix, resolves SSL protocol weakness
Microsoft?s January 2012 Patch Tuesday included one critical security bulletin, addressing dangerous Windows Media errors that could be exploited remotely to gain access to a victim?s computer.
- Microsoft delivers seven security fixes for Windows Server, Windows
Microsoft kicks off another year of bug squashing, delivering seven security bulletins to seal holes in Windows Server 2008 R2 and desktop versions of Windows.