Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, January 12, 2012
- IT forecast for 2012: Cautious growth in U.S.
Though spending is expected to grow in U.S. IT departments, our IT forecast for 2012 shows a smaller increase than expected.
- Tools, services emerge for enterprise DNSSEC adoption
Tools, services and support are available, but experts believe a watershed moment is what is needed to push enterprises into DNSSEC adoption.
- Brocade acquisition rumours return: Who's buying?
The For Sale signs appears to have gone up again at Brocade. But Brocade acquisition rumours have kicked around for years now. Is this time any different?
- Stratfor unveils new website, improves security following breach
Intelligence firm CEO apologizes for failing to properly secure customer credit card data and email addresses. Firm now outsources processes to third-party payment processor.
- Magic Quadrant: Next-generation firewalls are mainstream
Next-generation firewalls have enjoyed a lot of hype in recent years, but now they are also dominating the market, according to Gartner?s latest firewall Magic Quadrant.
- Better SAP support, contract language at top of users? wish lists
SAP customers are going into the new year hoping for a few changes from SAP. Some called for better SAP support; others say altered contract language and licensing are important.
- Cloud service broker Appirio: Focus on fewer partners, avoid the hype
The rise of the cloud service broker is a clear indication of how cloud computing is changing the channel, but what's in store for 2012? Appirio's CTO gives us his take.
- 2012 IT priorities: Windows 7 migration, yes; cloud, not so much
Our survey says the top IT priority in 2012 is Windows 7 migration, despite predictions that the cloud would replace companies' IT infrastructures.
- Lifecycle virtualization expedites Agile testing and ALM
In this story, SSQ?s Yvette Francino explores how lifecycle virtualization ties in with continuous integration and modern ALM. CIOs and other decision makers will learn what analysts are saying about the next level of virtualization in their organizations.
- Despite recruiting uptick, 2011 IT security pay rates remain flat
New figures show little fluctuation in IT security pay rates heading into 2012. However, recruitment is rising, along with contract staff hires.
- Q&A: Effective predictive modeling techniques more than a math problem
In an interview, analytics and data mining consultant John Elder offers advice on managing successful predictive modeling initiatives and a head?s up on common mistakes to avoid.
- Riverbed buys assets of ailing WAN optimization vendor Expand Networks
In deal to buy assets from ailing WAN optimization vendor Expand Networks, Riverbed targets customer base, some technology.
- Android app malware exploits Carrier IQ controversy
Phony Android application checks for running Carrier IQ software, but then sends SMS messages to a premium rate number.