Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, January 13, 2012
- Will CX win over enterprise networkers seeking cloud online storage?
CX is targeting enterprises with its cloud online storage service and is pledging a NASA developed network security architecture. Its CTO explains all to SearchNetworking UK.
- Finding S&OP tool for manufacturing takes work, patience, experts say
In keeping with the growing complexity of business, companies are moving beyond Microsoft Excel to tap the what-if capabilities of specialized and ERP-based S&OP tools.
- Week in review podcast: Dell?s backup dedupe appliance; more news
Listen to the top news of the week from the Storage Media Group: Dell?s launch of its first backup dedupe appliance, OCZ's acquisition of Sanrad and more headlines.
- New tool emerges for multi-hypervisor management
Security software giant McAfee is one of a growing number of enterprises running VMware vSphere, Hyper-V and XenServer together. Here?s how it manages multiple hypervisors.
- The top five data management mishaps of 2011
Some of last year's biggest information management mess-ups could have been avoided through closer adherence to best practices, according to experts.
- Jericho founder: Get involved in plan for protecting identity online
Respected identity expert Paul Simmonds says the NSTIC's identity project needs European involvement, or it may not meet Europe's needs.
- Kinect for PCs brings gesture-based computing to the enterprise
Microsoft Kinect for Windows brings voice and gesture-based control to business PCs. It?s like science fiction, but will go live February 1. Here are the potential enterprise uses.