Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, January 16, 2012
- UK IT security survey reveals changing priorities
TechTarget surveyed UK IT professionals regarding their 2012 security priorities. The findings show changing security priorities.
- SAP system performance can hinge on hardware choices
Learn what to consider for server, CPU and server architectures to ensure optimal SAP system performance. Find out what to avoid and how the cloud fits into the landscape.
- Amazon Kindle Fire: Coming soon to an enterprise near you
The Amazon Kindle Fire is showing up in enterprises. Now, IT pros have to figure out the best way to integrate these new tablets into the desktop environment.
- Symantec acquires LiveOffice for online data archiving
Symantec said the $115 million-dollar deal boosts its e-discovery business and offer security and antispam capabilities for on-premise and hosted email.
- Atlantis ILIO Diskless boots VDI faster, reduces VDI storage
Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI software can speed boot times but doesn?t completely eliminate the need for VDI storage.
- Telecoms lead pack in use of BI tools, analytics
While telecommunications may be maturing in its use of analytics and BI tools, new research finds that more than half of its analytical process time is applied to data-related tasks.
- Virsto sets sites on improving VMware storage performance
Virsto launches Virsto for vSphere to improve VMware storage performance, two years after it launched with a similar product for Micrsoft Hyper-V.
- Networker's guide to private cloud orchestration
Network admins are turning to private cloud orchestration software that uses integrated service catalogues in order to enable automation and on-demand provisioning.
- RSA SecurID breach: Executives attempt to repair tarnished image
While the RSA SecurID breach cost EMC?s security division more than $60 million, executives admit it could take years to restore its tarnished image.
- SEC stresses importance of social media guidelines and compliance
The SEC has released new "risk alerts" that outline how financial firms can use social media guidelines to protect their business from fraud and comply with federal regulations.
- Sales software report: SFA, analytics on the rise, Excel use falls
Sales organizations are decreasing their use of Microsoft Excel, while adding sales force automation tools and strongly considering analytics, according to a new benchmarking report.