Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
- Microsoft targets VMware with System Center 2012 licensing, packaging
The latest version of Microsoft?s management tool has VMware?s offerings in its sights, but it will need Windows Server 8 and Hyper-V 3.0 to complete the private cloud picture.
- Oracle repairs two database flaws, issues 78 patches to product line
The two database patches represented a record low for repairs to Oracle?s database management system since the CPU program began in 2005.
- Setting the stage with a security business continuity plan
A security business continuity plan shouldn't be an afterthought or overlooked completely, but that is too often the case, data security experts say.
- UK networkers look to wireless networks and IP telephony for 2012
Wireless networks and IP telephony are set to be the most common networking initiatives implemented by UK users in 2012, according to TechTarget?s 2012 IT Priorities Survey
- Drive toward mobility is accelerating deployments of virtual desktop infrastructure
Desktop virtualization is becoming increasingly popular as employees bring tablets to work.
- Selling cloud services is 2012 priority, but providers still learning
A SearchCloudProvider.com survey reveals that most providers want to start selling cloud services in 2012, but they face many challenges.
- VMware shops expect vCenter high availability improvements, federation
Many VMware vSphere features rely on vCenter Server, prompting some experts to speculate on ways its availability could be improved. Some say federation is also on the way.
- Virsto sets sites on improving VMware storage performance
Headlines: Virsto launches Virsto for vSphere to improve VMware storage performance, two years after it launched with a similar product for Micrsoft Hyper-V.
- Sustainable practices for updating SMB business intelligence processes
In small and midsize businesses as well as larger organizations, BI systems need to be flexible and adaptable in order to able to meet changing business needs, analysts say.
- IT salary satisfaction survey shows CIO salaries dipped in 2011
Our annual IT salary satisfaction survey shows CIO salaries dropped in 2011, but some are still cautiously optimistic about their compensation.
- For SQL Server shops testing Azure cloud, it?s all about integrating data
With tool sets still evolving, developers face stiff challenges in integrating data in hybrid SQL Server-SQL Azure environments.
- Cloud gets vote of confidence from UK buyers in 2012 IT priorities
The cloud is set to be a key investment area for UK buyers in 2012 with 30.5% of IT buyers pledging to spend on the technology, according to TechTarget?s 2012 IT Priorities Survey.