Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, January 20, 2012
- Escorts? data center consolidation move reaps multiple benefits
The data center consolidation and virtualization initiative at Escorts has brought in significant savings, along with better manageability and efficiency.
- Week in review podcast: Atlantis unveils ?diskless? VDI storage; more news
Join SearchStorage.com Senior Editor Ellen O?Brien and Senior News Director Dave Raffo as they talk about the latest storage tech news in our week in review podcast.
- AWS' DynamoDB improves on SimpleDB, but does it threaten SQL Azure?
Frustrated by Amazon's SimpleDB? DynamoDB offers an improved non-relational database that stores terabytes at a lower cost. Will it catch on?
- Cloud maturity model to help SMBs judge security of cloud providers
CAMM, a new cloud maturity model, may be the key to helping organisations, and especially SMBs, evaluate the security of cloud providers.
- Expect data management challenges with S&OP deployment
Rather than system-to-system integration issues, companies embarking on S&OP are likely to face challenges in data quality and data governance.
- Mobile virtualization is here, but limitations may hinder adoption
There's no question surrounding the viability of desktop virtualization, but that isn't the case with mobile virtualization. IT pros wonder whether the technology has a place in the enterprise.
- Uptime Institute GEIT award deadline pushed to Feb. 15
Requests for more time to accommodate corporate review leads to extension.