Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, January 26, 2012
- Virtualisation, cloud and compliance are top priorities for IT in 2012
A TechTarget study finds that IT pros? main priorities for 2012 are virtualisation, cloud computing and compliance. Experts show how they can carry these out with limited budget.
- Survey reveals lax SharePoint security
A recently released SharePoint security survey reveals that collaboration security in general is a major challenge for IT departments.
- VMware vCenter Operations 5 ships, but will IT shops pay the price?
VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.0 gives customers advanced features, but the price tag has some customers eyeing less expensive options from VKernel and Microsoft.
- European Commission data protection proposals draw hostile reaction
Reaction to the European Commission data protection proposals has been largely negative, as many believe the new rules are costly and misdirected.
- Forrester Wave: Informatica, IBM lead data virtualization tools market
Informatica and IBM are the top dogs in the data virtualization software market, thanks to a strong combination of ?enterprise-class? features, according to Forrester Research Inc.
- IT salary survey: Highest- and lowest-paying industries
Our IT salary survey reveals a shakeup in the highest-paying industries, with financial services knocked off its perch on top and health care rising.
- Understanding data security breaches eclipses preventing them
Companies are spending more time investigating the source of data breaches and their impacts to reduce expenses, says a survey.