Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, January 30, 2012
- Virtualization hardware and data center design: Did the debate shift?
When it comes to virtualization hardware, converged infrastructure like NetApp FlexPod and VCE Vblock is taking the place of yesterday?s vertically scaled systems.
- Lack of Apple enterprise support frustrates IT
At Apple, enterprise support has never been a priority. IT pros can have lots of questions if they?re not used to working with Apple?s technologies, business processes or policies.
- Business intelligence apps help customers organize and understand data
Customers who have a lot of data and need a way to absorb its value are turning to channel solution providers for business intelligence tools.
- SAP Service Desk improved in Solution Manager 7.1, expert says
SAP Service Desk was a weak, late entrant to the market, according to one expert, who says that?s slowly changing due to enhancements in the latest version of Solution Manager 7.1.
- Email providers push DMARC email authentication to combat phishing
DMARC creates an authentication loop that could help people determine the legitimacy of an email.
- Phoenix Exploit Kit responsible for mass WordPress compromises
Security firm M86 Security has discovered hundreds of WordPress websites compromised by Phoenix.
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Rollup 6 drops with 21 new fixes
If you still rely on Exchange Server 2007, you may want to carefully consider the latest rollup. It may be the last.
- Microsoft licensing rules for BYOD not set; beware of snags
Microsoft licensing experts caution enterprise IT about possible licensing violations in BYOD scenarios and explain how to properly license software for remote access.