Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
- Web application vulnerability statistics show security losing ground
New Web application vulnerability statistics show the number of vulnerabilities is rising, despite the use of Web application development frameworks.
- Connectivity docs will need for Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative
CMS's care coordination pilot could signal the start of medical homes for solo physicians and group practices, but it will require some IT infrastructure to get off the ground.
- WAN optimization Magic Quadrant: Bandwidth management is an old hat
WAN optimization has evolved beyond bandwidth management, according to Gartner's new Magic Quadrant: Enterprises need cloud and mobile optimization.
- Telecom agents make tough transition to managed services
Some telecom agents are partnering with the IT channel and telecom master agents to explore managed services and combat the threat of VoIP.
- Oracle Advanced Analytics bundles R with Oracle Database
Oracle Advanced Analytics is the company?s newest announcement around data analytics, a market that Oracle seeks to blanket with products.
- Gartner: Address economy, compliance with information governance, MDM
IT leaders need to get information governance right if MDM is to help cut costs, stoke productivity and mitigate risk, according to Gartner on the eve of the MDM summit.
- Fusion-io braces for competition from EMC?s VFCache server SSD product
Headlines: Fusion-io?s early lock on the server SSD market is in jeopardy now that EMC is shipping its VFCache product and planning a flash appliance.
- Airport retailer leaves Excel behind with BI tools makeover
The Paradies Shops? search for BI tools to access data quickly and break away from Excel spreadsheets started with data discovery vendors but didn?t end with them.
- Data center experts push back on ASHRAE economizer requirements
An addendum to the ASHRAE 90.1-2010 energy standard could ease energy efficiency requirements on anyone building or significantly expanding data centers in the U.S.
- Marty Roesch pushes collective analysis, underscores cyberthreat intelligence
Sourcefire CTO Marty Roesch introduced cloud-based analysis for threat intelligence gathering. Network security monitoring platforms like RSA NetWitness may be headed in a similar direction.
- Teamwork, analytics help integrate financial management applications
Financial management applications are essential in any enterprise IT strategy -- but integration with other business software is critical, experts say.