Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- Study: Senior executives lack awareness of IT security and privacy
A study by Carnegie Mellon University found most corporate boards and senior-level executives fall short in understanding the organization?s security risks and approving the IT security budget.
- Cisco CEO John Chambers on ASICs, OpenFlow and QFabric
A small group of tech journalists huddled with Cisco CEO John Chambers to talk about Cisco?s turnaround efforts and its strategy in several key technology markets.
- WatchGuard announces new unified threat management appliances at RSA
WatchGuard Technologies announced WatchGuard XTM 25 and XTM 26 unified threat management appliances at RSA 2012.
- Microsoft iPad Office app coming soon?
Microsoft addresses rumors surrounding an iPad Office app, while IT pros speculate about Microsoft Office app costs and features.
- McAfee adds mobile security suite Enterprise Mobility Management 10.0
Security Giant McAfee announced a mobile security suite called Enterprise Mobility Management 10.0 with expanded and enhanced features.
- Symantec to release the first layer of O3 cloud security gateway
Security giant Symantec plans to release the first leg of the O3 cloud security platform, the Identity and Access Control layer, at RSA 2012.
- Cisco SecureX strategy gets boost with application-aware firewall
Under new leadership, the networking giant's security group relaunched Cisco SecureX with several new products, including an application-aware firewall.
- Mostashari reveals more about meaningful use stage 2 at HIMSS 2012
In an in-depth session with reporters, U.S. health IT coordinator Farzad Mostashari, M.D. reveals more on meaningful use stage 2, including HIE, interoperability and encryption.
- CIO expects ROI, quick rebound in virtualizing disaster recovery site
One CIO is exploring an untraditional virtualization strategy to optimize his disaster recovery site: Virtualized desktops first, server virtualization later. Learn why.
- AppAssure purchase adds virtualized backup to Dell's cloud mix
Dell adds virtual data backup and DR product AppAssure to its growing lineup of must-haves for the PC and server supplier's cloud services pitch.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2 targets Solaris shops
SUSE shops are cautious after a long silence from the Novell post-Attachmate deal; experts say Linux has eclipsed Unix generally, but SUSE needs work.
- A mobile device security strategy that puts users first
With the right strategy, mobile device security doesn't have to be a compromise between user demands and network risks.
- Gartner touts ?pace? layers for ERP upgrades, consolidation
New Gartner research advises companies to divide their ERP into three abstraction layers so unwanted changes aren?t carried forward and customizations don?t affect core ERP.
- Digital Domain FX shop taps Avere to reduce WAN latency
Hollywood special effects shop Digital Domain deploys Avere FXT NAS to reduce WAN latency between locations.
- RSA Conference 2012 keynote prescribes intelligence-driven security
RSA?s Arthur Coviello urged security pros to break down silos and intelligence-driven security programs, or face a tough year.
- From the Editors: Black gold, mobile BI, stemming youth unemployment
Predictive analytics is helping global oil industries and local youth charities alike, but Gartner has its own prediction of the role of mobile BI in 2012.
- Research into cryptographic system limitations crucial, RSA panel says
Researchers testing some of the most relied upon cryptographic algorithms are making progress in breaking them, according to experts on the 2012 RSA Conference Cryptographer?s Panel.