Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 1, 2012
- Can SMBs sue their bank and recover losses from a hacked bank account?
RSA Conference 2012 panelists discussed court rulings on liability for hacked bank accounts, and gave advice to security pros for protecting financial assets.
- Content is king in social collaboration
Users will stay away from social collaboration platforms that lack relevant content, no matter how many bells and whistles they have.
- Microsoft delivers first Windows Server 8 beta containing new features
Microsoft finally made the leap on Leap Day, delivering the first Windows Server 8 beta containing dozens of enhanced features across the product.
- Copycat apps, runaway coding a growing threat, RSA panel says
Despite application store controls set by Apple and Google, a panel of mobile application security experts say the potential exists for weaponized applications.
- Embrane eases virtualized network services for cloud providers
Heleos, a virtualized Layer 4-7 network services platform offering from startup vendor Embrane improves cloud scalability for cloud providers and their customers.
- Synology releases new DiskStation NAS Server
Synology announces newest addition to DiskStation NAS Server lineup, DiskStation DS1512+, promising faster read and writes, and greater scalability.
- Cloaked in secrecy, Microsoft project aims to wed SQL, NoSQL databases
Microsoft technical fellow David DeWitt is secretly developing a data management system that can do the jobs of both SQL and NoSQL databases. Can he bring the two sides together?
- Mobile financial applications: Industry weighs benefits, risks
Going mobile with business applications is convenient, but when it comes to sensitive financial data, is it worth the risk?
- To get help with secure software development issues, find your own flaws
RSA Conference 2012 experts say finding and sharing real internal secure software development issues is the best motivator for change.
- Hacking back puts security on the offensive
Two penetration testers at RSA Conference 2012 explain how enterprises can hack back against attackers and stay within legal and ethical boundaries.
- More than hype: Security big data helps bank to boost security program
At RSA Conference 2012, Zions Bancorporation detailed how it harvested security big data using a Hadoop-based security data warehouse.
- AMD to bring SeaMicro server fabrics to the masses
AMD?s SeaMicro buy could be the harbinger of a fundamental shift in how servers are designed, experts say.
- FBI Director Mueller: For U.S., cybersecurity threats will surpass terrorism
At RSA Conference 2012, FBI Director Robert Mueller said the bureau is ramping up to fight cybersecurity threats and boost information-sharing efforts.