Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 8, 2012
- BBC Worldwide launches product master data management to boost revenue
BBC Worldwide has started a master data management programme focused on products. The first step was to define product as anything licensed or sold. Communicating with the business was crucial.
- Report offers PHI security guidance, metrics for breach cost analysis
Without evidence, CIOs and CSOs struggle to prove to hospital leaders that cybersecurity is crucial against threats to PHI security. A multi-group report aims to give IT the ammo it needs.
- Six bulletins, one critical, expected for March 2012 Patch Tuesday
Microsoft’s March bundle of updates repairs seven vulnerabilities, including a critical Windows flaw.
- Expedia snubs hosted tools in bid to manage machine generated data
Find out how “the world’s biggest travel site” is gaining valuable insights from staggering amounts of machine generated data.
- Data governance programs expose hills to climb on path to success
IT professionals from Sallie Mae and Fannie Mae offered tips on data governance challenges and how to overcome them at two conferences this month.